It's an age thing Dream 6th January

On Adriatic Explorer (Majesty) back in June there were plenty of olduns hogging the seats at way past midnight to the point where we couldn't get one in the Polo Club! To be honest I had to admire their staying power unless the sherries being watered down these days;)

My pet hate is when your ready foe a drink and there's about half a dozen people in front of you , only one bar man, and they all want bloody white coffees .i fell like telling them to go to the buffet restaurant ,anyway Iain, will we start at the top of the cocktail list and work our way down it, last man or woman standing or even semi- standing is the winner :)

Hi Muffinman. I'm the same age as you.

I went on the Dream last Feb and although I did see a few people obviously younger than me tbh there weren't that many! I think the majority on my cruise were in their 60's and 70's and some looked older than that. We had a good time though and are going again next Feb :)

I am hoping it will be a bit livelier next year The Waters Edge was completely empty very time we went so we gave up. One night I got back to my cabin had coffee and a nightcap only to then realise I had lost something. I went back out to look for it at about 1.30 and the ship felt like the Marie Celeste it was quite eerie:eek:

Oh skozzie, we can't be having that, if me and my misses are the last 2 standing or should I say dancing, then so be it, but they better not come out with any rubbish saying the bars closing because it's empty, I'm going to have a great time

Edited by muffinman1

the bars mostly shut at 1am some may stay open till 2am if there are a few passengers still in there, but generally the crew want to go to bed, all the bars are definately closed by 2am

Edited by geomagot

if its open muffinman? waters edge was closed a lot of the time when we were on last march....ms magot was not a happy bunny:rolleyes:

everything starts to get put away about 12.30/1am (even the coffee) and then the bar staff start to dissappear (down to deck 5 where the crew parties continue into the small hours):cool:

tbh a lot of people struggle to stay up late in caribbean because of the (uk) time difference and there are more than your usuall average of early risers...by early risers i mean people up and about at 5am! :eek: ....i'm guessing the canadians wont suffer that same problem this year?

we usually try to get a stash of bottles in before the barstaff disappear.....and make our own entertainment (scrabble of course!):);)

Yeah we're the same, we stock up before the bar shuts, we were in Dom Repuplic in June this year, and we stayed up until all hours, one of the bars was 24 hrs, we used to sit there with the I pad and bose speaker playing all our songs, you should have seen the crowds we attracted, from yanks, Brits, to brazilians