Coronados Island tour from Loreto

cruizinfools

Has anyone booked a tour to Coronados Island through a private company rather than the cruise line? We will be in Loreto in early October. Princess has a tour but as always it is a bit pricey. Through these boards I have been very successful at booking tours for past cruises and am hopeful someone has done a tour and can provide a reference. In my search of this forum I have not found anything specific about this type of tour. The Princess tour includes a short ride in a panga boat, lunch, snorkeling at the island, and a guided nature walk. I am looking for something similar.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Has anyone booked a tour to Coronados Island through a private company rather than the cruise line? We will be in Loreto in early October. Princess has a tour but as always it is a bit pricey. Through these boards I have been very successful at booking tours for past cruises and am hopeful someone has done a tour and can provide a reference. In my search of this forum I have not found anything specific about this type of tour. The Princess tour includes a short ride in a panga boat, lunch, snorkeling at the island, and a guided nature walk. I am looking for something similar.

Thanks,

Marilyn

It has been a few years since I did business with Rosa Campos in Loreto, but she used to handle a lot of fishing and other types of tours.

Try this link for more info. http://www.ladamianainn.com/island-tours-loreto-bcs.html

Thanks swedish weave! The website doesn't seem to be updated with very recent info, but I will try to contact them

I know this a relatively new port or not often visited port, but surely others on this board have been there........

I fished in Loreto for several years, and got to know the town and people pretty well, but recently have only been there on some HAL cruises. It is a small town with a few botique type hotels and a couple of bigger ones. Their main tourist attraction is fishing, but they have some other tours available.

If you google "Loreto BCS tours" you should get some contact information and can go from there.

On our cruises, there were a few tour operators and several taxi drivers at the marina selling tours. Also, several panga operators were there offering boat rides. Their prices were good.

I will be there in January on the Crown Princess.

Edited by swedish weave

I fished in Loreto for several years, and got to know the town and people pretty well, but recently have only been there on some HAL cruises. It is a small town with a few botique type hotels and a couple of bigger ones. Their main tourist attraction is fishing, but they have some other tours available.

If you google "Loreto BCS tours" you should get some contact information and can go from there.

On our cruises, there were a few tour operators and several taxi drivers at the marina selling tours. Also, several panga operators were there offering boat rides. Their prices were good.

I will be there in January on the Crown Princess.

Really good info - thanks again! I just sent an email to Loreto BCS ECO tours. They have a tour that sounds perfect and half the price that Princess is charging.

We have been to all the major ports on the Mexican Riveria. Have never been to Loreto and La Paz. Really looking forward to seeing each of those ports. Even if they are smaller places, I am sure we will enjoy them. We love Mexico! Thanks again!