Dinner Suit

My DH does not want to take a dinner suit with him on our cruise in June on Celebration as he says it is a lot of weight for one night as we are doing cruise and stay this time

I was wondering if anyone knew what the dress code would be in Mistrals on the Captains night as an alternative to Buffet ?

Can Mistrals be booked on line?

Hi on our first cruise with thomsons we didn't go to captains night as its not our seen on the next night we went down to dinner at 8.30 to be asked were we were the night before on explaining this to the head waiter we were told that we should have attended dress did not matter and that it was our holiday and since then we go to captains dinner but not in ball gowns and dj

We are trying a cruise and stay this time and we were trying to decide what to do. Going to see how much the cases weigh and if we can pop in dinner suit and shirt we will but hubby will just wear his more casual black shoes so don't need to take an extra pair ( they are still ok not really casual just not as dressy as he would normally take )

I'm taking several casual maxi dresses that are light to pack so if we do take the suit I will just "dress up" one of them.

I like the formal night so don't really want to miss it and we are going to the bistro (we are on majesty) the night after formal night as hubbys birthday. I've seen some men just in a shirt and tie on formal night though so I wouldn't worry if you do want to go but not take a suit etc :):)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

We are trying a cruise and stay this time and we were trying to decide what to do. Going to see how much the cases weigh and if we can pop in dinner suit and shirt we will but hubby will just wear his more casual black shoes so don't need to take an extra pair ( they are still ok not really casual just not as dressy as he would normally take )

I'm taking several casual maxi dresses that are light to pack so if we do take the suit I will just "dress up" one of them.

I like the formal night so don't really want to miss it and we are going to the bistro (we are on majesty) the night after formal night as hubbys birthday. I've seen some men just in a shirt and tie on formal night though so I wouldn't worry if you do want to go but not take a suit etc :):)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

Casual maxi dresses ideal for Thomas Bay too.:)

Ah thats good then Jackie, ive got 6 at the last count! Find them comfy at night with flat sandals and they pack easily, most are eBay bargains ! ;)

Must learn how to use eBay though more to sell than buy! :D

There seemed to be lots more men wearing suits and tie rather than DJs on Majesty in March than last September. DH's DJ is a lot lighter in weight and cooler to wear than any of his suits and it is lovely to see men making the effort if they have a DJ. He took ordinary shoes that he could wear more often though. Who looks at shoes! They had a selection of bow ties for about £10 and shirts in the shop on board.

My DH does not want to take a dinner suit with him on our cruise in June on Celebration as he says it is a lot of weight for one night as we are doing cruise and stay this time

I was wondering if anyone knew what the dress code would be in Mistrals on the Captains night as an alternative to Buffet ?

Can Mistrals be booked on line?

There is no special dress code in the a la carte restaurant on Captain's night but you will need to book early at Reception as it's a popular alternative on that night. Don't think you can book online.

Cruise 4 Ever, Never heard of anyone being "told off" for not going to Captain's night before. It's not compulsary and the other dining venues are open. The Buffet waiters put on their best Dress uniforms on that night and make a special effort.

My husband hasn't got a DJ and no longer has a suit that fits, and we didn't want the expense of buying one for one night, so he was ok in decent trousers, white shirt and tie. He wasn't the only one on Dream dressed that way for the Gala night. It is easier for women I know, but as someone has said, it is our holiday and we would rather have our cases packed with comfy clothes for the whole holiday rather than items for one or two nights only.

Must learn how to use eBay though more to sell than buy! :D

There seemed to be lots more men wearing suits and tie rather than DJs on Majesty in March than last September. DH's DJ is a lot lighter in weight and cooler to wear than any of his suits and it is lovely to see men making the effort if they have a DJ. He took ordinary shoes that he could wear more often though. Who looks at shoes! They had a selection of bow ties for about £10 and shirts in the shop on board.

Garys got a Dj but hes also got a lovely suit we got from Next in the sale, its a bit in between a DJ and a regular suit and quite trendy, think he'l take that as still looks ok with a dickie !!

He wore it last year when we went with Royal Caribbean, they had 3 formal nights and after wearing his DJ twice he fancied a change and it just looked a bit different, we'l do the same as you with shoes Jackie, no point him taking two pairs of black ones. He has in the past but its all weight ! :D

Archived