Plus Size Excursions

debonaire1998

Hello,

I am looking to snorkel in a couple of weeks at Grand Turk. I have snorkeled in Honduras, Belize, Mexico, St. Thomas, St Maarten, and anywhere else we've been, and I have NEVER had a problem. It's one of my favorite things to do and this will be my first time in Grand Turk, so I can't wait to see the breathtaking sea views that I've read about.

The problem: So many have recommended White Sands, Blue Divers and GTDive, but all of their websites state a weight limit, which I exceed. (I have also never seen this before) Any suggestions as to how I can get out to "the Wall" and experience this amazing port?

Thanks.

Hello,

I am looking to snorkel in a couple of weeks at Grand Turk. I have snorkeled in Honduras, Belize, Mexico, St. Thomas, St Maarten, and anywhere else we've been, and I have NEVER had a problem. It's one of my favorite things to do and this will be my first time in Grand Turk, so I can't wait to see the breathtaking sea views that I've read about.

The problem: So many have recommended White Sands, Blue Divers and GTDive, but all of their websites state a weight limit, which I exceed. (I have also never seen this before) Any suggestions as to how I can get out to "the Wall" and experience this amazing port?

Thanks.

The independent operators on Grand Turk generally have smaller (24'-28') boats and any listed weight limits are most likely related to their equipment (such as boat ladders). The cruise ship excursions which operate much larger boats would be more likely to have ladders rated to hold greater weights.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Thanks.

Just curious if the original OP was able to snorkel with the smaller, local operators? Will be in GT next week - hope to snorkel but also teeter around the weight limit posted on the websites. No mobility issues involved. Often climb in and out of our personal 24ft boat at the local lake. But am concerned they will decline me as a snorkel client.