Best things to do with 10,6, & 2 y/o in progresso and cozumel

bdoss2640

We are cruising in December with the family..I have 3 smaller girls and we want to do some excrusions with them. Any suggestions? I have thought about the ruins and then the beach. But I dont know where to start and do you book them through carnival or not. Thanks so much BTW This is our 2nd cruise but 1st time to either place.

We were in Cozumel last January and went to Chankanaab National Park with my 6 and 9 year old kids. It wasn't a very long cab ride from the port. The beaches were great with plenty of palapas/huts, beach chairs and hammocks. The kids can snorkel, swim with the dolphins or manatees, watch a sea lion show and visit a made up ruins area. There was even a playground - all very family friendly.

Can't seem to post a link to their site so just Google it. Sorry, didn't go to Progresso. We didn't book in advance and took a taxi there. The taxis have special coupon that included a drink, T-shirt with admission. I attached a couple of pictures for you here. Have fun planning!

chankanaab.jpg.7d707b7a9f1f7c96ffe75e315ad0a073.jpg

cozhammock.jpg.8a4deb65f368b2d83a6994c2bd8b9442.jpg

In Cozumel we love Paradise Beach. For $12 a day you can have a lounge chair and use all the fun water toys.

From their website:

"Great fun for big & small kids alike! Unlimited use of our beach toys for just $12 usd / person...Trampoline, 14 ft. climbing iceberg, full snorkel gear, floating mats & kayaks, 10ft water slide, a Jungle Joe floating multi-tiered climbing structure and the Rockit circular water rocker, paddle boards, climb our coconut tree or bounce on our spacewalker bungee for as long as you dare! ALL FOR 12 usd A DAY!!"

My husband and kids loved it! I bought the $2 pass for just the lounge chair and pool access. So relaxing!

There is a restaurant there with Mexican beach food. Reasonable prices.

The cab was about $15 and took about 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived