Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > East Coast Departures

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

East Coast Departures
Baltimore, Boston, Cape Liberty, Charleston, Montreal, New York, Norfolk, & Philadelphia l

Old January 17th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Norfolk Restaurants pre 5/12 Maasdam sail

Looking for restaurant recommendations. This is the first sailing of the season for the Maasdam to NE/Canada and some of us are coming in the day before (we are staying near the pier in a boutique hotel). We were in Norfolk in Nov. as a stop on a cruise and some of it seemed rather sterile, but there was another neighborhood near the port that was absolutely beautiful (pagoda) and obviously one in which the people that live there are neighborly and would enjoy walking to nearby restaurants for dinner, especially since they have their own park for walking.

To those people, where are your neighborhood restaurants???and which ones do you recommend (names and addresses would be appreciated). Rd

Old January 26th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Cool Cruiser

I highly recommend the Freemason Abbey which is within walking distance from the pier.

http://www.freemasonabbey.com/

It is an old church that was converted into a restaurant close to 20 years ago. Food is excellent. You are also near the MacArthur Center which is a huge mall with some wonderful restaurants.

If you are looking for Italian try La Galleria also nearby in the renovated Granby Street corridor.

If you have the time the MacArthur Museum is a wonderful way to spend an hour or two.

I hope you love your time here.

Carnival Fascination Jan 2006
NCL Majesty Feb 2005
RCCL Sovreign of Seas May 2003
Carnival Victory Mar 2003
Carnival Paradise Oct 2002
Golden Princess Nov 2001
Carnival Victory Oct 2001
RCCL Monarch of Seas Jan 2001
RCCL Enchantment of Seas Jan 1998
Holland America Westerdam Nov 1992
Big Red Boat Nov 1990