Western med with a 1 yr old

Jen_Jon_2007

Hi guys

We are on the epic leaving barcelona in September. We did this cruise 2 years ago but this time were cruising for the first time with our little girl who will be one! Very excited but a bit nervous too! I think it will be a very different cruise for us now, and know that it will be all family time, which is absolutely fine. My questions relate to day trips with a little lady.

Naples - catching the hydrofoil to Capri? Is there much that's suitable for a baby? Can you just have a wonder round without using the chair lifts?

Civitavecchia - we were considering just getting the train to a local beach, Sant'Agostino ?

Livorno - we will hire a car and drive to Florence then do the hop on hop off bus

Cannes - go to the beach

Palma Majorca - not sure, probably just beach again

DISEMBARK Barcelona (Spain)

I will post is question on the family board and the ports of call board too, we're happy to do research just wondering if anyone who has done these trips or even better done them with a young child has any advice.

At a year old- your child will be a busy bee and more than likely walking. It sounds like you are prepared to go with the flow and that makes sense.

On Capri there is plenty to do without taking the chairlift. It is a nice place to wander around but a stroller will be a nightmare there- I'd use a back carrier. Sorrento is lovely too and much easier with a stroller. The hydrofoil will be fun for your daughter.

I think it may be a long day with a child in Florence. Instead of the HOHO bus- you may just like to stroll through the town and make your way to the Pitti Palace, which has expansive grounds for your daughter to run on. It's all about movement with a 1 year old.

Another option, besides Florence, would be Pisa and Lucca, which are nearer to Livorno and will be less crowded with lots of open space for a child to explore.

Cannes is a good beach day.

Palma de Mallorca would be another good beach day.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

Hi

We have been cruising with our daughter since she was someone (pre-birth, 1, 2 and 3 years old).

She loves everything and your baby will too.

Just do as you normally do back home and be careful with too much sun.

Enjoy.