Diving/Snorkeling

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 02:17 AM.
100 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
If you've snorkeled or dived in these places, please reply with your thoughts . . . whether clear, lots of wildlife, too deep of a reef to snorkel, unusual experience, better to dive or snorkel, best areas to dive/snorkel, etc.

Cozumel
Belize
Roatan
Costa Maya

Thank you so very much! Planning a cruise and deciding on excursions!

Margot

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app
Marietta, GA
148 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Cozumel is the next best drift dive experience next to the GBR; crystal clear waters and excellent chances to see turtles, eels, and spiny lobster.

Belize has the Blue Hole, but on a cruise that might not be possible. Parkey's Dive Resort does a good job.

Roatan is awesome. Dive sites are just minutes off the shore on beautiful walls. They cater to Americans too.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Yours in Cruising,

AtlFolks

Radiance of the Seas, June 2007
Mariner of the Seas, Summer 2008
Independence of the Seas, Spring 2009
Crown Princess, Thanksgiving 2009
Disney Wonder, September 2010
Liberty of the Seas, February 2011
Disney Dream, September 2011
Oasis of the Seas, May 2013
Freedom of the Seas, September 2014
Oasis of the Seas, May 2015
Freedom of the Seas, June 2015
Disney Dream, September 2016
Freedom of the Seas, November 2016
Star Princess, August 2017
Carnival Miracle, June 2018
FL
39 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
I stayed at the CoCo View Resort in Roatan (not connected to a cruise). They have great diving opportunities!

I remember the safety stops even had nice reefs and critters to see. They have wrecks and walls, too. Did not see any big critters (other than a turtle), which is what I was hoping for.