Bingo

cruisequeen2007

My husband and I are sailing on the Queen Mary 2 to the Caribbean this month, and I have a few last minute questions for past cruisers.

1. How much is a pack of Bingo cards?

2. How often is Bingo offered?

3. What time is realistic for debarkation to be done in Brooklyn? We have a private car picking us up, and I don't want to pay extra for it to wait.

4. Are there any "must do" shore excursions on the islands of Barbados, Tortola, St. Kitts, or St. Lucia?

Thank you for your help fellow cruisers!

I checked the programs from the cruise we just completed and they only do Bingo on sea days, twice a day, I think. I don't know how much the cards cost, though.

Re disembarking: We were in Queens Grill and were supposed to have been released at 8:30 but it was after 9 before we were called. So I imagine that everyone else's times were delayed by about the same amount. But Princess Grill is supposed to be called at 8:45, deck 12 at 9:45, deck 11 at 10:00 and so on for 15 minute intervals per deck. But if you can carry all of your own luggage off and don't have any bags checked you can leave as soon as they clear the crew through immigration, around 8:30.

My husband and I are sailing on the Queen Mary 2 to the Caribbean this month, and I have a few last minute questions for past cruisers.

3. What time is realistic for debarkation to be done in Brooklyn? We have a private car picking us up, and I don't want to pay extra for it to wait.

4. Are there any "must do" shore excursions on the islands of Barbados, Tortola, St. Kitts, or St. Lucia?

Dear cruisequeen2007,

If I can possibly help answer some of your questions.

1. I can not honestly tell you the price of a card for Bingo. I have information home but it does not state and I can't remember the amount. I do know that the package of cards do cover all the games for that session being held.

2. Bingo is normally held during days at sea when there is more time for all the activities. Since BINGO is held in the Queen Room, cards are for sale in advance there about 30 to 45min ahead of the game. Then the announced game commences. There can be a special session held during port days once the ship sails. Yes, they have a type of Snowball Bingo till the day before embarkation.

3. From my past Disembarkation Procedure Sheet:

General Disembarkation procedures are anticipated to start around 8AM to 10:45PM. They are by Luggage Tag Colors that are assigned & left in your cabin the day before landing by Decks and also special type of disembarkations. You will asked to vacant your cabins by 8:30AM and take a seat in the assigned Public Rooms assigned to that color. You will be called by those color to proceed to the elevator.

If you are going to Self Disembark, you must apply the day before at the Front or Tour Deck. You MUST be capable to carry ALL your luggage off the ship. There will be no help available. You will directed to the Queens Room about 7AM, as early disembark can start about 7:30AM.

You will be albe to keep all your luggage in your cabin. Not luggage tags needed.

4. I must say, we enjoy all the islands you have listed but our most favorite is Barbados. I would suggest any of the island tours to see the vast scenic views of the island. Some tours are divided into the southern part of the island and others for tours of the northern coast.

Hope this helps you!

My husband and I will be on this cruise as well. There is an active rollcall thread for this sailing and we have recently discussed shore excursions. See you there! Sandy:)

Archived