Private Babysitting on Celebrity Summit?

jjantonini

My wife and I are excited to sail on the Summit in a couple weeks to Bermuda. We will be traveling with our 2 1/2 year old son. Since we understand that we cannot leave him alone yet in the organized group kids activities on the ship, we hope to use the onboard babysitters in the evening while we go to dinner.

Has anyone used the Celebrity babysitting services recently and can you comment on the experience?

Thanks!

I have used the Celebrity, and RCL, in-cabin babysitting on two cruises. The experience on both was the same:

You put in your request for babysitting through guest services when you get on the ship. Babysitting is only available starting at 8:30 PM, and is generally not available on the first or last night of the cruise. You get 2 babysitters, usually hotel staff in uniform; very professional. Most nights they sat in the room while the baby slept, but on occasions when he didn't sleep they played with him, changed him, gave him a bottle, etc.

It's a great option if you want to have quiet dinners and I highly recommend it.

:)

• 3 years later...

How did the babysitting work out for you on the summit? I'll be sailing with my two sons next year on the Summit and plan to use their babysitting services.

Our youngest will be almost three so will miss out in the Fun Factory. Were you able to take him in the playroom during the day?