Carnival Breeze - Oct. 19, 2014 to Key West!

GaNavy

Hello, everyone!

Anybody else going on this cruise? I just booked with some friends this week and didn't see a roll call...but we're going to Key West, so there MUST be other family going along, yes?

Come on and join us!

We also just booked this cruise yesterday. It has good port times.

I will be sailing solo, wonder if there are any other singles aboard? Booked and ready to set sail!!!:)

Hi, Roderick and harley - Yep, good port times in good ports. I may be the only gay man in America who'e never been to Key West...till now. Going with two friends, all of us in our own cove balconies, so I guess you could say we're semi-solo. :)

It won't be long till we're sailing!

Since i am gonna be gone for 2 weeks i better get a lil headstart. I am used to driving to port canaveral, but i am flying to miami this time. So the luggage is gotta be under 40lbs...right...so i am in process of condensing, lol. Why we take all this junk??? All you need is a swimsuit and tank-top!!! Looking forward to meeting yall and hanging out. We need to post a time and location for all of us to meet once we get on the ship!!!

I agree about that packing...with the exception of a California coastal cruise we did out of San Diego last year....which was NOT bathing suit weather...we always go with what one rollerboard suitcase each will hold. We live in St. Louis so we always have to fly. Mississippi River cruises are too expensive;)

Edited by RoderickIII

I agree about that packing...with the exception of a California coastal cruise we did out of San Diego last year....which was NOT bathing suit weather...we always go with what one rollerboard suitcase each will hold. We live in St. Louis so we always have to fly. Mississippi River cruises are too expensive;)

Yep, one rollerboard it is...but I also take a carryon (sometimes empty and stuffed into the rollerboard) so that I can ditch my suitcase with the porters and get aboard with just a few things. Even though I'm doing a back-to-back this year, I'm not going to pack any heavier than that.

Btw, isn't the weight limit 50 pounds? Or is that just for overseas flights?

:dits 50# on delta also, but i am gonna have 2 rollerbags, so i want to leave room for all my good buys. Know i will load up at the harley shops, lol...i got a small carryon also, but i want to be safe. I always carry too much, but better safe than sorry. Hope to see all yall soon!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

I will be on the breeze solo also...i am doing a back to back, doing the 8 nite b/4 this one. Hope to meet up with some more solo travelers. Like to do some shopping in key west, don't get t go there very often for a long period of time. Saw where a lot of people went last year to nachi place...may be interested in that. Look forward to meeting solo cruisers!!! Not long now!!!:d

1200 views of this thread and only 20 posts! Yikes! Come on folks, if you're looking at the roll call, you're either coming already or you want to - so let us hear from you!

Solos unite! My two friends and I are three solos - we're eating dinner together and one of us is showing the other 2 around Key West...but otherwise, who knows? And they're leaving after 6 days (waaahh!!!!) but I get to stay on board for the 8-day Halloween cruise (YAY!!!!)

In case we don't have our own meet and greet, be sure to check the Fun Times for the LGBT/"Friends of Dorothy" thingy - it's not a "real" meeting, as you Carnival vets know, but it's a chance for all of us to meet in a common place. No matter who is (or isn't) looking at this thread, there will be plenty of us on board.

Just four weeks from today we'll be in Key West!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi there,

Just booked yesterday.Live in Ft. Lauderdale for the season. See you soon.

Welcome, garsny, hope to see you and other posters maybe at the first FOD meeting - it'll be listed in the Fun Times.