Galveston to IAH

I'm hoping for some specific info and not just generalities, hopefully from recent cruisers. . I know IAH is a long way from the port. Our flight leaves at 2:30 pm. Will the ship transfer make it and if so do you know the cost? Any other reasonable alternatives available? Thanks for your help!

I'm hoping for some specific info and not just generalities, hopefully from recent cruisers. . I know IAH is a long way from the port. Our flight leaves at 2:30 pm. Will the ship transfer make it and if so do you know the cost? Any other reasonable alternatives available? Thanks for your help!

IAH is in NE Houston and Galveston is south (and somewhat east) of Houston. Probably about 1 1/2 hour drive - depending on time of day and traffic. If you're off the ship in the AM, shouldn't be a problem getting to IAH on time.

Not familiar with many shuttles from IAH. Most go from Hobby Airport to Galveston. Cost, however, will probably run anywhere from $50 - $100 p.p. (each way) depending on number in vehicle.

Did you book with a TA? If so, get the TA to schedule the shuttle. Might have better luck getting a good rate that way.

IAH is in NE Houston and Galveston is south (and somewhat east) of Houston. Probably about 1 1/2 hour drive - depending on time of day and traffic. If you're off the ship in the AM' date=' shouldn't be a problem getting to IAH on time.

Not familiar with many shuttles from IAH. Most go from Hobby Airport to Galveston. Cost, however, will probably run anywhere from $50 - $100 p.p. (each way) depending on number in vehicle.

Did you book with a TA? If so, get the TA to schedule the shuttle. Might have better luck getting a good rate that way.[/quote']

We're going just one way from ship to IAH at the end of our TA/western Caribbean back-to-back. Looks like in this instance the ship transfer will probably be best. Anyone know the cost?

• 2 weeks later...

We have approx. 10 people on the Oct. 26th Transatlantic cruise that are flying out of IAH at 2:30 pm also and are more than likely going to arrange a shuttle bus. We are flying from Houston to Edmonton on Nov. 11 then back to Yellowknife the following day. Was going to suggest that perhaps you ride with us but just realized you are doing a back to back cruise and won't be back in Galveston until the following week.:)

Royal Caribbean charges $46pp, Carnival charges $40 each way.

We are trying to find a car rental or better deal for 2 people.

Unfortunately, thre are no car rental agencies open on Sundays. Enterprise is the only one still operating in Galveston ... the others did not re-open after Hurricane Ike in 2008. Based on time and distance, the cruise line transfers actually seem reasonable.

Unfortunately, thre are no car rental agencies open on Sundays. Enterprise is the only one still operating in Galveston ... the others did not re-open after Hurricane Ike in 2008. Based on time and distance, the cruise line transfers actually seem reasonable.

That $44 or $46 p/p each way isn't bad...my friend had to take a taxi from IAH to her office on the West Beltway and it was $75!!!!

We have 7 people in our group.

Flying into Bush Intl on April 9th and cruise on April 10th (RCI Voyager).

I am usually pretty good at searching this type of thing out myself, but am having trouble finding a shuttle service that will give us a round trip from IAH to anywhere in Galveston. (Even renting a car and dropping it off in Galveston is giving me troubles)

Looking for the cheapest option.

RCI shuttle service is $90ish per person round trip...seems okay for just a few ppl but because there are 7 of us it would be pretty expensive.

(Anyone know how much a taxi van would cost?)

Thanks!!

I was told there is a better price with Super Shuttle. It is not helping us because there are 2 & they don't group people together which is a shame. We are happy to share & that is their usual procedure in other places. But apparently not here. So we have to pay RCCL $46pp each way. Maybe Super Shuttle can help you.

• 2 months later...

i would recommend getting the transfer with Carnival. It is only $40 per person and it will get you there on time. I booked it for our transportation in April 2012. Renting a car would not save you anything, because of the drop off fee. I was searching to rent a car and it will cost about $80 for a compact ....that is picking it up at the airport and dropping it in Galveston the next day. This wasn`t too bad, but just flying directly out after the cruise I would book the transfers. We just did that in Fort Lauderdale to Miami and it was a breeze.

Archived