Thanks Carnival!!!

QLUVS2CRUZ

I am diabetic. We booked our cruise late, so all that was available for dinner was late seating. We were waitlisted for early dinner (My Time Dining was also full)...so I emailed the special needs department to see if they could change our dinner time. They did ask for a doctor's note...I guess I can't blame them, as I'm sure people may say anything to get what they want (sad, but true). So I got a note from my doctor saying I needed to eat earlier, and I scanned it and emailed it to the special needs department yesterday. I just checked today and we are now confirmed for early seating! Yay! I'm very happy Carnival came through for us. I was going to go to the Maitre D the first day if we couldn't get it changed through special needs, but I am glad that department works and they actually help people with needs like this!! Score one for Carnival!

I have not taken a list...I think this is a good idea, just in case you need to get more or there is an emergency and someone needs to know what you are taking. I usually just use those weekly pill containers and take everything I need that way...but this time I am going to take the print out I can get from my online prespription insurance site. I've also never had a problem with my glucometer (taking the needles or the device)...so I just keep that in the little case it came with.

so glad to hear that they accomodated your needs.

I put the M-S pill case in my checked luggage along with a set of prescription meds and bring a second set of prescriptions in their original containers in my carryon. THis way, if my luggage gets lost, i'll still have my meds.

Never had a problem with my glucometer either. Good luck and happy sailing!

I did just notice that Carnival added that I need a Sharps container...hmmm...I don't need one, but maybe I'll just leave that alone and see what happens. I can always give it back to the room steward.

Are they saying they will give you one, or that you need to bring your own? When I travel with injectibles, I always bring either an actual sharps container, or a thick plastic container that won't puncuture from needles. Either way, I bring it all home with me, I don't ever put needles in the trash.

Are they saying they will give you one, or that you need to bring your own? When I travel with injectibles, I always bring either an actual sharps container, or a thick plastic container that won't puncuture from needles. Either way, I bring it all home with me, I don't ever put needles in the trash.

I'm really not sure, but I know they'll provide it if needed. I don't use injectibles, so I don't have needles.

Hi! Don't mean to butt in but think I can help. I also am a diabetic and the "sharps container" reference is a little note they put in so the room steward will pick up a small sharps container from the ships medical office late afternoon of sail day and put it in your room. My first cruise I used it for my lancets and my next I was on injectables so I used it for both. They take it back to medical for disposal after you get off. It was a great service for me & hope it helps you. I'm sure you can let your room steward know you don't need it after you board if you prefer. I love that it is one less thing to worry about packing and it is an awesome size! Have a great cruise.

Tina

Thanks Tina...I was thinking it meant they would give me one to use.

I put the strips in a bag also...I have an old glucometer (I like it better) with the disc, so I don't have to carry the individual strips, and they are also smaller.

Archived