FIRE and ICE 29th July 2017

Hi, anyone else going?

I wondered what others were doing regarding excursions as there is not too much to get excited about in most ports.

Or if anyone who has done it in the past would like to make suggestions?

Not a lot of responses here !

Thought I would add my own plans in case anyone wants to comment on any better ideas or potential problems

Stavanger - hop on hop off bus

Akureyi - Cruise excursion to Godafoss and then the botanical Gardens

Isafjord - nothing booked.

Reyjavik - cruise excursion to Blue Lagoon. Entrance prices are nearly the same price as the excursion.

Torshavn - booked a hire car

Lerwick - planning to book a hire car

Bergen - undecided

Flam - railway. Will book online but it is pretty booked up so will have to get the train at 8:35 - we arrive in Flam at 7

If you like gardens, at Stavanger try and get a trip to the Flore Hilde (?) Gardens. Fantastic! They are on an island and you get a boat close by where the ship docks. May be a ship's excursion or check online for DIY.

The most popular tour in Iceland is the Golden Circle. Takes you round all the main tourist attractions in one trip including a geyser.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

If you like gardens, at Stavanger try and get a trip to the Flore Hilde (?) Gardens. Fantastic! They are on an island and you get a boat close by where the ship docks. May be a ship's excursion or check online for DIY.

The most popular tour in Iceland is the Golden Circle. Takes you round all the main tourist attractions in one trip including a geyser.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Cheers - will take a look at the gardens.

We did consider the Golden Circle but really want to visit the Blue Lagoon and from what I can find out doing both would be tricky timewise.

We have done a similiar cruise and this is what we did:

Stavanger. Booked Rodne cruise online to Pulpit Rock. Boat leaves very near to the cruise ships.

Akureyi Booked a private tour with two other couples from the ship with a company recommended on Tripadvisor, excellent. It also included a visit to one of the thermal baths.

Isaford booked a tour online with a local tour operator, also very good.

Reykjavik booked a whale watching trip online with a local company

Torshavn booked private tour with another couple with Greengate Incoming. Tour OK, but guide not very informative, but scenery excellent.

Lerwick we did an excellent private tour with Wild about Orkney. OH interested in world war history and this was just what we wanted.

Bergen did HOHO bus and walked around fish market. It is Europe's wettest capital, so make sure you take waterproofs.

Flam booked railway ourselves. Very easy as ship docked about 200m flat walk from the station.

Sent from my iPad using Forums