Golfing in St Thomas

queeniemi

An amazing course, but.... it is not an easy course to play. The fairways are mostly very narrow, the greens are gorgeous, the staff is knowledgeable. The one warning I would give you is to at least double the number of balls that you think you might possibly need. If you shoot OB, you are most likely not going to recover the ball.

When we got the "Devils Triangle", the views are incredible but when you look down at the bay there must have been several hundred balls floating & on the beach( and you can't get down there to pick up a couple of extras). As I recall I lost at least 4 balls on the Triangle alone.

We played there in early July, not the best time of year to play a round in St. Thomas. It had to have been 95* & 95% humidity.

Was it worth it? I think so, just for the bragging rights alone. We did book everything privately & saved about $30pp on the round, rentals & transportation.

I would love to play there and I would probably spend the money to do it. The only thing holding me back is that I'm not very good and I would hold up the other golfers. When I saw the excursion I googled it and it looked amazing.

I would love to play there and I would probably spend the money to do it. The only thing holding me back is that I'm not very good and I would hold up the other golfers. When I saw the excursion I googled it and it looked amazing.

I wouldn't worry to much about that, when we played there not very many people on the course. In fact I don't think we saw anyone other than our 2 foursomes.

Looking at the course right now out my window. :D

It is expensive to play the course for a non-local.

I play it every Saturday morning except for this morning as we had 8 inches of rain yesterday.

The course is never so busy that you will hold someone up except maybe Saturday morning.

If the money is not the issue then do come and play.

• 2 months later...

my wife and I plan to play Mohagany Run while in St Thomas off the Regal Princess Jan 14, would be interested in the transport info also , nice to have an idea of taxi fares ahead of time so we know what to expect and not get ripped.