NCL vs Ecotours vs Belize Cruise Excursions

kaye63

We are leaving next week on the NCL Jewel. In Belize, we want to do a 1/2 day beach/snorkel day. NCL offers what I believe is Bannister Island, the other 2 companies offer Goff's Caye. Can anyone offer any preference or information in choosing? I'm looking for pretty snorkeling and a not overpacked beach. The NCL excursion goes straight from the ship, but leaves at noon, which won't give much time after to tender into port and quick shop. The other two leave from the port, but I can't seem to get depart time. Does anyone have experience with this?

I feel like I started researching and planning this cruise (our first) so long ago, but here I am a week away, and I don't have this planned. :eek:

Thanks for your help, and any detailed info you can offer.

We are considering similar options. The information I have received is that Bannister has better facilities (chairs, shade etc) but that the beach/snorkeling is good at Goff's Caye.

You may want to double check what island NCL is using for the beach break. Bannister was recently sold and NCL has not been using it lately. I have called the excursion desk and no one is able to tell me where this tour is currently going to. I have heard it may be Water Caye but I can not find much information on this Caye. I can find South Water Caye informtation but I don't think they're the same.

• 2 weeks later...