NEW to Disney Cruise - Need Your Help!

ckrobyn

After 26 cruises on Royal Caribbean, I have finally given in and booked the Disney Dream. It only took my 18 year old DD, 10 years to convince me!

Right now we are booked in Aft cabin 10658. This is a deluxe ocean view stateroom with verandah.

I have searched Youtube and found a few videos of the cabin and the balcony looks outstanding (no superstructure obstruction like RCL). The cabin itself seems like a bit of an odd shape. I have also read that there can be noise from above (the Cabana restaurant is there?). I always stay on deck 10 on RCL and never had an issue with noise.

I would greatly appreciate any and all help/insight you can give me on Disney and the cabin I have selected. Is this particular cabin coveted like it is on RCL?

Thanks so much in advance!!

Since you are new, I'll assume no knowledge of how to do Disney research.

I typed in Disney Dream 10658 on google. Here are SOME reviews I got from real people who have actually stayed in this cabin. While these are all from the Dream, reviews from the Fantasy should be equally accurate. There are sites that give hypothetical thoughts on cabins based totally on location--avoid these. Stick to those from people who stayed in the room.

1. Notes: Awesome room! Slept 4 comfortably. Huge verandah with 2 chairs AND 2 lounge chairs. Quiet corner with views of back and side of ship. "L" shaped room provides more floor space near closets and more openness by bathroom doors. Some vibration but quickly got used to it. Convenient to back stairs and Cabanas. Only downside was the verandah got wet when they washed the cabanas deck which they sometimes did midday after lunch.

2. Notes: Corner stateroom starboard side of ship, huge veranda (two chairs, small table, two lounge chairs), directly under Cabanas which is very convenient but also noisy starting about 6:30am. View at Castaway is awesome! Location great for Europa and Animators Palate. Everything in perfect working order though there was a red stain on the carpet around the bed.

3. Notes: Convenient to elevators and Cabanas, awesome view of fireworks from verandah, oversized verandah with room for 2 chairs and 2 chaise lounges, quiet hallway, no noise heard from deck of Cabanas above, TV swivels out, no dividing curtain, only vibrations felt were when docking, seemed large

Here is a video of the same cabin.

Video for Disney Dream 10658▶ 6:36

I can't compare a cabin or location on DCL to a different ship on a different line. As you can see, some people complain of noise from above, others specifically state no noise. Yes, this would be a very sought after cabin.

Edited by moki'smommy

Since you are new' date=' I'll assume no knowledge of how to do Disney research.

I typed in Disney Dream 10658 on google. Here are SOME reviews I got from real people who have actually stayed in this cabin. While these are all from the Dream, reviews from the Fantasy should be equally accurate. There are sites that give hypothetical thoughts on cabins based totally on location--avoid these. Stick to those from people who stayed in the room.

1. Notes: Awesome room! Slept 4 comfortably. Huge verandah with 2 chairs AND 2 lounge chairs. Quiet corner with views of back and side of ship. "L" shaped room provides more floor space near closets and more openness by bathroom doors. Some vibration but quickly got used to it. Convenient to back stairs and Cabanas. Only downside was the verandah got wet when they washed the cabanas deck which they sometimes did midday after lunch.

2. Notes: Corner stateroom starboard side of ship, huge veranda (two chairs, small table, two lounge chairs), directly under Cabanas which is very convenient but also noisy starting about 6:30am. View at Castaway is awesome! Location great for Europa and Animators Palate. Everything in perfect working order though there was a red stain on the carpet around the bed.

3. Notes: Convenient to elevators and Cabanas, awesome view of fireworks from verandah, oversized verandah with room for 2 chairs and 2 chaise lounges, quiet hallway, no noise heard from deck of Cabanas above, TV swivels out, no dividing curtain, only vibrations felt were when docking, seemed large

Here is a video of the same cabin.

Video for Disney Dream 10658▶ 6:36

I can't compare a cabin or location on DCL to a different ship on a different line. As you can see, some people complain of noise from above, others specifically state no noise. Yes, this would be a very sought after cabin.[/quote']

Thanks a million. I am totally new to Disney so your insight really helps. I will do some googling of my own now :)