Tripod

Has anyone had any issues having their tripod packed in their carry on while flying ? My dad brought up a good point where it could almost be classified as a baseball bat if you think about it . I would prefer not to put it in my checked luggage but if I have to then that's what I'll have to do .. Thanks in advance

"someone told me I will one day get sick of cruising ... I just smiled and said only when I'm dead "

• 2 weeks later...

I've flown with both my full-sized Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 (30" long when collapsed) as well as my MeFoto Roadtrip travel tripod (15" long when collapsed) as carryon on both domestic and international carriers and have never had a problem either in first/business class or economy. I've been taking tripods in one form or another as carryon for the past seven years and never once did anyone make a fuss over it. On my last trip (last week), the flight attendant even complimented my travel tripod that was strapped to the side of my shoulder bag.

The only issue that you might have is that when you throw it in the overhead bin, it'll tend to migrate all the way to the back and can be somewhat awkward to retrieve. If I'm in the window seat I can usually nestle it up against the fuselage wall.

Here's a picture of my travel backpack from a few years ago. The tripod was a Manfrotto 190XPROB. This actually fits under most airline seats.

2679382872_318516ffd6_b.jpg

Edited by WintrHawk