help with Stockholm on Saturday, Hoho bus, ferry or regular bus

Mels2013

Hi everyone,

Been reading some information off the boards which have been very helpful.

We will be docking at Stadsgarden September 20. From what I read, the Vasa museum opens at 10 am and we will dock at 9:30 am. The ship leaves at 4 pm. I checked online and looks like NCL Star and Thompson Spirit are the only ships at this port.

My question is, for a Saturday, which is the best option to go to the Vasa, Gamla Stan and the Royal Palace? I see the Hoho bus does not run until 10 am and read mixed reviews.

The bus, from my understanding is right outside the cruise terminal (take to londonviadukten?)and I would take that to slussen then take a ferry from slussen to djurgarden.

Was not sure since we want to get an overview of Stockholm but have limited time, and would not want to waste any time if that can be prevented. also, just wanted transportation that wouldn't be so costly since we are a group of 6.

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

Been reading some information off the boards which have been very helpful.

We will be docking at Stadsgarden September 20. From what I read, the Vasa museum opens at 10 am and we will dock at 9:30 am. The ship leaves at 4 pm. I checked online and looks like NCL Star and Thompson Spirit are the only ships at this port.

My question is, for a Saturday, which is the best option to go to the Vasa, Gamla Stan and the Royal Palace? I see the Hoho bus does not run until 10 am and read mixed reviews.

The bus, from my understanding is right outside the cruise terminal (take to londonviadukten?)and I would take that to slussen then take a ferry from slussen to djurgarden.

Was not sure since we want to get an overview of Stockholm but have limited time, and would not want to waste any time if that can be prevented. also, just wanted transportation that wouldn't be so costly since we are a group of 6.

Thank you.

You have mainly 4 options:

1. Any bus from Londonviadukten to Slussen and Djurgårdsfärjan from there.

2. Any bus from Londonviadukten to Slussen and change to bus #76

towards Ropsten or Frihamnen, get off at Djurgårdsbron and walk to Vasa from there (very close). Journey time c:a 20-25 min

3. Bus #53 from Londonviadukten to Stockholm central station, change to bus #69 towards Blockhusudden and get off at Djurgårdsbron. Journey time c:a 32 min

4. Bus #53 towards Roslagstull, get off at Sergelstorg and take tram #7 towards DJURGÅRDEN Waldemarsudd. Journey time c:a 32 min

I think option 2 would be the fastest way, followed by option 1, it totally depends on when you can get off the ship and how that point of time

is in relation to bus/boat/tram departures.

From Vasa to Gamla Stan/Royal Palace.

Either bus #76 from Djurgårdsbron towards Norra Hammarbyhamnen, get off at the Royal Palace.

Or Djurgårdsfärjan from Allmänna Gränd to Räntmästartrappen at the southern end of Gamla Stan.

From Gamla Stan back to the ship; Bus #53 from Kornhamnstorg or Slussen.

There are probably several other buses that departs from Slussen and passes/stops at Londonviakdukten.

You could also (time, weather and energy permitting) walk from Gamla Stan back to the ship along the "edge" of Söders höjder (Katarinaberget).

https://www.google.se/maps/dir/59.3219426,18.072906/59.3197709,18.0724675/59.3177399,18.082338/59.3173348,18.0855996/59.3165847,18.0896873/59.3154788,18.0942256/59.3155335,18.1030018/@59.3187144,18.0861039,1170m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!1m0!3e2

This will give you a great view of Stockholm.

Edited by Desdichado62

Thank you for your help.

I forgot to say that you have to buy tickets for the bus before you board it. There should be bus tickets for sale where your ship docks.

The best option would be to buy single use travel cards since you can buy all the ones you need at the same time so you don't have to worry about it later.

Edited by Desdichado62

Once you get in to the downtown area everything is in walking distance. You might want to consider a day pass for the Stockholm Transport System (very user friendly). Also for what you want to see you might want to consider the HoHo boat rather than the HoHo bus. You get nice water views and it'll get you around easily.