Private group tour - Picton/Blenheim & Marlborough Wineries

bigdavefc

Can anyone recommend a good private tour company for Picton and the wineries near Blenheim? We arrive on Explorer of the Seas on December 10th and have a group of around 20 people.

Also can anyone recommend which wineries we should visit? I think Cloudy Bay is a must and we were hoping to fit in a trip to the chocolate shop as well.

Cheers,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, although I haven't used this company, in doing research online, they come highly recommended and also via Tripadvisor reviewers, so I will be taking their tour on my November cruise. The company's name is Highlight Wine Tours. This Tripadvisor link should work for you but if not just google them. Good luck! http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g255117-d1631804-Reviews-Highlight_Wine_Tours-Blenheim_Marlborough_Region_South_Island.html

We used Na Clachan.

http://www.naclachan.co.nz/

They were fabulous, fit in with the time that we docked (early) and left (again, earlier than usual).

There were 2 mini buses and we had the option on wineries etc. Our bus group opted for an extra winery and the chocolate shop. We did 5 wineries. The other group decided they wanted to stop for lunch so did 4 wineries and I think they did the chocolate shop as well.

If you ask, they will take you to Cloudy Bay however they tend to steer clear because there is usually a charge for wine tasting at the bigger wineries and it is where the ship goes, so a lot of people go to them.

We went to boutique and organic wineries but there are so many that you just have to say what you want. We also had the option on going to wineries that just had white wine or red wine or a mix.

Have fun!