Dunn Falls from Montego Bay

michelle1172

I went to Dunn River falls years ago, but we docked in Ochos Rios. We will be stopping in Montego Bay on our next cruise, and I know there are tons of excursions to the falls from here, but I'm a little concerned about the long drive... and the risk of missing the ship. I don't like to book through the cruise line. In fact, I have my favorite provider, and I've never had problems with them,but I've also never had such a long round trip drive. I'd actually book through the cruise line on this if they had the excursion combo I wanted...

Has anyone ever heard of anyone being late back to the ship going to Dunns from Montego? I'm just a bit worried....

Thank you.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We did the long bus ride a few years ago. While we made it just fine, I would only consider booking that through the cruise line. Even with a responsible tour operator and a well-maintained bus, there's a lot that can go wrong. Too much to gamble when you're not within reasonable taxi distance.

Side note: the traffic is nothing short of terrifying. We had another bus oncoming on what appeared to be a 1.5 lane road with a wall on one side and a dropoff on the other. Just when there was no room for error whatsoever, a bike squeezed beside us too! :eek: