Avg. time for Celebrity to respond

cdn_tbird

Hoping I can get some idea of how long it usually takes Celebrity to respond to a comment/concern sent through their site. Since our cruise isn't until Nov. it's not an urgent matter and to be honest it really more about principle than anything else.

I received an promo e-mail from Celebrity for their dining packages as well as a 20% rebate (in OBC) if you booked a specialty restaurant on the 1st night. When I logged into my account neither the option to purchase a dining package nor the rebate were available.

First, I called into their call center and was told the reason they weren't available online because I was too early and they usually release them 6 to 8 months before the sailing. Sounds reasonable, however according to some CC members they can see those options on their 2018 cruises.

Second, I called into their Captain's Club on another matter and decided to inquire again. This time I was told that they wouldn't be made available because it's a holiday (US Thanksgiving) sailing. Again, sounds reasonable except for the fact that when we originally booked this cruise I was able to take advantage of their cabin upgrade and booked a C2 cabin for the C3 cabin price. Which according to their own web-site is not available for holiday cruises.

So from my point of view it seems that what I got was nothing more than BS excuses to get me off the line which is why I went through Celebrity's "Contact Us" option.

TIA