aircraft seating

Do any of you knowledgable peeps know if there is a way to check what planes were on a specific route (retrospectively) Going out on our trip to Corfu, the legroom was the worst we have ever had. I was by the window and felt very claustrophic. I had geat difficulty getting my bag under the seat in front and had never had that problem before. Luckily we had aisle seats allocated for the return journey, but when we boarded and took our seats, we realised that there was clearly more legroom on this plane, a 757. The man next to me said it was the same plane that we went out on, and that the seats behind the middle toilets, where we had sat going out, had less legroom? Can that be right? I'm sure it was a 737 going out.

this link that baggers posted in an earlier thread might help linda

you need to enter either: the flight number & airline or departure & arrival airports and the site will search for flights once you have found the flight it will say which aircraft type is scheduled

http://info.flightmapper.net/search

Thanks Geo. I found that link after I had posted :o. It does say 757 both ways, but I suppose that is not set in stone and they could change the aircraft.

They have a couple of configurations with different seating capacities and layouts of the galleys/toilets too. So as a whole an aircraft may have more legroom if it is the newer slimline seats, or certain rows may have more or less (but not less than 28") seat pitch throughout the cabin.

You can also get random rows with better legroom. Take the easyJet A320. The last three rows on the right hand side all have a couple of extra inches of legroom and are all 'standard' seats. This is because of the installation of the third toilet in the right hand rear cabin. I should imagine the 757 could be similar.