Hampton Inn Plantation?

lowestar

In NOvember 2006, my husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Plantation the night before our cruise departed. I am sure it was very reasonable. It was near a large mall, Target, lots of restaurants, and it felt like a safe neighbourhood. There was an airport and pier shuttle.

Anyway, we are going on another cruise in January, and the price is $209 US/night. I am sure this is way more than the last time. Did this particular hotel go way up in price?

Any other suggestions for a hotel that might be nearby this one? I really liked the closeness of everything, but I don't want to go that high.

Tara

We are staying here next month. Try calling the hotel directly and asking for a good price. I did that for my upcoming stay and went from 169.00 per night down to 99.00. :) It never hurts to ask, all they can say is "no". :rolleyes: There was a real nice guy that I spoke to about 730 in the morning.

I originally had this hotel booked for November, but flight plans changed and I had to cancel the hotel:( The rate I got for November was $139, which I thought was reasonable.

I can tell you though that I've been looking at hotel pricings for January and they are much higher than prices now. I believe January is already in the high price season.

We are staying there in December for 1 night pre-cruise. I got a rate of $107 on the Hampton Inn website.

I really want to stay at this hotel pre and post cruise, but I'm frustrated by the price differences I'm seeing. We need 12/5 and 12/10 (Wed & Mon). The best they can do for me is a AAA rate of $158.85 (incl tax). I'll pay it if I have to, but why can't I get a $107 or $99 rate like the others staying at this hotel in December?

Any suggestions?

Cathy

There is definetly a big difference in hotel prices between November and January around here. Your best bet would be to call the hotel direct and see if you can get a better deal. Sometimes January can have some lulls and you might luck out. But make sure you stay at the hotel and not to get transferred to the 800 reservations. That hotel does have a good location.

shelbylook try different websites or call the hotel direct. It could be that I had limited number of rooms at the lower rate or they started booking up and raised the rate. It's hard to tell.

Archived