Wedding Dresses

Red84

That is gorgeous!

Since this is my second wedding, and our colors are navy and gold, I thought about wearing a navy blue gown, or at least one with navy blue or gold accents accents. Then tried on some traditional ivory lace gowns and fell in love with one. :o

Edited by VASOXFANN

Omg that's beautiful! I would LOVE to get married in a wine red dress. And carry white roses and have a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing. Kind of like everything in reverse LOL.

That is beautiful

Seen one today in a pale peach

Just magic

Can't wait to see my girl in hers

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got married almost 3 weeks ago. This is what I wore:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204722941583026&set=t.1521378497&type=3&theater

As you can see it was a knee length pink dress, but I am older and it was both of our second marriages. Our daughters were the matrons of honor (we each just have one daughter) and their husbands were the Best Men

I can not get the photo to imbed here....grrrrr! But the link is good, it's just to my fb page. If you want to see all the photos feel free to add me on facebook, the name is Lori Snelling

Edited by ImaginationCruiseBride
because the picture didn't show up!

Unfortunately, my husband made it pretty clear that he wanted my dress to be white. He actually stated that he wanted real white, but he didn't even notice the difference with my ivory dress. But, I did bring in a pop of color with a blue sash that went long in the back. Although, I know he would have been happy regardless of what I was wearing.

And my sister-in-law wore a dress similar to the attached photo for her wedding 12 years ago. Still white, but with a lot of red in it.

I actually love the idea of a colored dress. Some people may think it odd, but there really isn't any reason it has to be white. And the white dress is actually a fairly new tradition, only starting in the early to mid-1900's. Prior to that brides just wore whatever best dress they had in their closet. And for most of history, blue was the symbolic color of purity, not white, so there goes that reasoning also. The big white wedding dress is actually a recent "tradition" created by the wedding industry to get women to spend more money, as are most of the typical wedding "traditions" today. If you look into it, many of the things we think are tradition for weddings were actually started around 1950-1960's by the wedding industry. So, if people question a colored dress choice, there is a lot of historical basis to justify your decision, not that you should need to explain your choice to anyone.

Red-and-White-Wedding-Dresses-3.jpg.28dd886a4a49f9072dfd29eeea863606.jpg

I haven't ordered my dress yet (still choosing among 3 styles, LOL) but I'm leaning towards a pink chiffon wedding dress or a super light lilac one.

oh I love a good subtle color!!! Cant wait to see it!

Unfortunately, my husband made it pretty clear that he wanted my dress to be white. He actually stated that he wanted real white, but he didn't even notice the difference with my ivory dress. But, I did bring in a pop of color with a blue sash that went long in the back. Although, I know he would have been happy regardless of what I was wearing.

Awww I love the idea of accenting with color!!! I bet it was beautiful! I bet he couldn't take his eyes off of you!

And my sister-in-law wore a dress similar to the attached photo for her wedding 12 years ago. Still white, but with a lot of red in it.

The dress is beautiful!!!

I actually love the idea of a colored dress. Some people may think it odd, but there really isn't any reason it has to be white. And the white dress is actually a fairly new tradition, only starting in the early to mid-1900's. Prior to that brides just wore whatever best dress they had in their closet. And for most of history, blue was the symbolic color of purity, not white, so there goes that reasoning also. The big white wedding dress is actually a recent "tradition" created by the wedding industry to get women to spend more money, as are most of the typical wedding "traditions" today. If you look into it, many of the things we think are tradition for weddings were actually started around 1950-1960's by the wedding industry. So, if people question a colored dress choice, there is a lot of historical basis to justify your decision, not that you should need to explain your choice to anyone.

Thank you for this but of history!!! I had read the same some years back and I guess it just stuck lol

I hope it was everything you dreamed it would be

I got married almost 3 weeks ago. This is what I wore:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204722941583026&set=t.1521378497&type=3&theater

As you can see it was a knee length pink dress, but I am older and it was both of our second marriages. Our daughters were the matrons of honor (we each just have one daughter) and their husbands were the Best Men

I can not get the photo to imbed here....grrrrr! But the link is good, it's just to my fb page. If you want to see all the photos feel free to add me on facebook, the name is Lori Snelling

I love you dress!!! It looks great on you!

My dress came in last week. I chanced it by ordering it from dhgate. It came in perfect!! Sorry the pic is a little dark.

I love looking on dhgate its where I found all the dresses I like. I'm glad your dress came in perfect and from the picture you look lovely!

My dress came today! Yay! I'm so amazed at the quality for the price. Light in the box dot com. $150! The built in bra is amazing. I thought sure I'd still need a strapless bra but I won't. And the under skirting is great. I won't need a crinoline either

Yay!!! Your dress is beautiful!!! I'm glad you had a positive result to shopping online. Thank you for sharing the website I will have to check it out.

Shopping online seems to bring some great results

Very nice ladies indeed

How far in advance are you all ordering your dresses?

My wedding is january 25th. I ordered the first part of August, 1. Because that was when I had it budgeted and we are sticking to our budget and 2. so that I have time for alterations if needed. My co-worker used to be a wedding dress seamstress and has offered to do it for free so I want to be sure she isn't rushed or pressured.

• 3 weeks later...
My wedding is january 25th. I ordered the first part of August, 1. Because that was when I had it budgeted and we are sticking to our budget and 2. so that I have time for alterations if needed. My co-worker used to be a wedding dress seamstress and has offered to do it for free so I want to be sure she isn't rushed or pressured.

I always heard its smart to buy your dress early that way you can make alterations but not so early that if you plan to lose or gain weight that it doesn't fit or hangs wrong,so I think you were very smart!!!

I always heard its smart to buy your dress early that way you can make alterations but not so early that if you plan to lose or gain weight that it doesn't fit or hangs wrong,so I think you were very smart!!!

Well she has it and I am under strict orders not to lose weight or it will have to be taken in. Such a shame... why yes I will take fries with that shake, thank you lol

Well she has it and I am under strict orders not to lose weight or it will have to be taken in. Such a shame... why yes I will take fries with that shake, thank you lol

Yeah, I had that same problem... it's horrible! But, it was nice knowing that my dress fit perfectly (well, I had to have it shortened, but that's easy) and I didn't need to stress over pre-wedding dieting.

Yeah, I had that same problem... it's horrible! But, it was nice knowing that my dress fit perfectly (well, I had to have it shortened, but that's easy) and I didn't need to stress over pre-wedding dieting.

Yes she is definitely having to shorten it in the front but keeping the back to give me a longer train also adding a bustle.

Yes she is definitely having to shorten it in the front but keeping the back to give me a longer train also adding a bustle.

I bet it will look stunning!!! Cant wait to see you in the finished product!!!