Getting around the USS Missouri

fayerussell

We are going to Hawaii with my elderly mother in March. Wanting to go the USS Arizona and USS Missouri. She is not in a wheelchair or walker, but she is pretty unsteady sometimes. Do you have to climb up and down ladders on the Missouri? Wanting to do it but not wanting to make her uncomfortable or make her feel bad if she is unable to do it. Would like a heads up before we go. Thanks!!

We are going to Hawaii with my elderly mother in March. Wanting to go the USS Arizona and USS Missouri. She is not in a wheelchair or walker, but she is pretty unsteady sometimes. Do you have to climb up and down ladders on the Missouri? Wanting to do it but not wanting to make her uncomfortable or make her feel bad if she is unable to do it. Would like a heads up before we go. Thanks!!

I was there in March '14 and did the "stem to stern and keel to mast" complete tour --- would not recommend this tour to folks with mobility issues. Your mother could maybe move around on the upper decks ok, but pretty much anywhere else on the Missouri entails entails climbing and descending ladders and stepping over breakwaters. The Mighty Mo website would provide more information.

...VTX-Al