Ocean Countess Diamond Jubilee Highland Experience

tomuk

Hi! All,

Anybody else booked this voyage??.

I myself booked a week ago (got a good price for a single).

I would be interested in knowing how many formal nights for an 8 day cruise.

Hi Tom, me and 'she who must be obeyed' booked it yesterday (18/5) couldn't not go at the price we got it for, there are usually 2 formal nights, 3 informal and 3 casual nights on a C&M ship, hope you enjoy it, do not expect Cunard standard, though I have done 2 C&M cruises one on the Marco Polo in 2010 and one on the Ocean Countess last year.

The OC whilst an old ship and perhaps showing her age in some quarters is (like the Marco Polo) good value for money especially if like us you got a good price.

Hi Tom, me and 'she who must be obeyed' booked it yesterday (18/5) couldn't not go at the price we got it for, there are usually 2 formal nights, 3 informal and 3 casual nights on a C&M ship, hope you enjoy it, do not expect Cunard standard, though I have done 2 C&M cruises one on the Marco Polo in 2010 and one on the Ocean Countess last year.

The OC whilst an old ship and perhaps showing her age in some quarters is (like the Marco Polo) good value for money especially if like us you got a good price.

Hi! Fred, I'm sorry if I have mislead you, I have sailed with OMV before,in fact I have only just arrived back from one,I was on Countess for the Norway trip last month, I was enquiring if there was extra formal nights planned As it's the jubilee cruise and a celebration deck party.

As to price,I got a very good deal,as a single cruiser I usually have to pay as if my wife was with me, ie: double, but this time I got a single price for an outside twin on Main deck,not to shabby.

I'm also glad to be on this cruise as it's the first cruise ever to start and finish in Liverpool,I only live about a half hour from the new cruise terminal at the Pier Head.

Please have a look at my avatar photo and lookout for me on board,maybe we can get together for a drink and chew the fat.

Hi,

Just tried to book y

This cruise because it sails from Liverpool. It is fully booked, but even if it wasn't, we couldn't have booked anyway because the ship is not suitable for wheelchair users. Never mind - I will have to wait until Celebrity start sailing from here. I hope they do decide to make Liverpool a home port.

Enjoy your cruise

Hi,

Just tried to book y

This cruise because it sails from Liverpool. It is fully booked, but even if it wasn't, we couldn't have booked anyway because the ship is not suitable for wheelchair users. Never mind - I will have to wait until Celebrity start sailing from here. I hope they do decide to make Liverpool a home port.

Enjoy your cruise

Hi! bagsy,

That's a Shame as it looks like we are going to get some smashing weather for the cruise, shorts and tee shirts I think.

Today here in Runcorn my car reports a temp of 26 degs.

I have sailed on the countess before and I did see one or two people in wheel chairs, are you sure they didn't say that all cabins that can accommodate wheel chairs are full??

I have just got back (28th April) from a cruise on the Countess from Hull, we went to the Norwegian Fjords, it was fantastic, the countess is just the right size of ship for the Fjords, she can get into places others can't reach.

After the end of this month she is doing this cruise from Liverpool, have a look.

Fred Olson Cruises have already committed to 10 cruises from Liverpool for this year.

I have sailed on the Boudicca from Liverpool (Langdon dock,never again)but now she will be using the new Terminal on Princess Road.

I'm sure that once the new terminal buildings are built Approx 3 years, we will see all the bigger cruise lines using the port.

Us locals hope so,no more travelling to Southampton.:)

Hi Tom

The agent said it was completely sold out and that the galleys were too narrow for wheelchairs and several had steps to negotiate and I wouldn't be able to get around the ship but could use it when going ashore.

I'm not sure about the Fred Olsen Line as so many people I know have encountered so many problems.

It really is great though to be able to just hop on a bus instead of flying to the States from where we usually sail from. The journey to Southampton is too far for me but Liverpool would be fantastic.

I couldn't believe the price though, real value for money

I did see their other cruises but if I can't use my chair on board it is no use even thinking of them.

Thanks though for your info. re wheelchair users.

Just make sure you all enjoy the cruise and the promised good weather

The Ocean princess, presently off the Isle of Man was drifting due to a main switchboard failure and lost all power. The vessel initiated an Urgency broadcast to alert shipping of the problem and showed Not under command lights.

The vessel has now managed to restart one engine and the owners are believed to have already tasked a tug to go to the vessels assistance.

There are 1055 persons onboard, including crew

:)

as part of her Diamond Jubilee Highland Cruise.

Arriving through Corran Narrows early this morning

7333792870_2ccf0544b5_d.jpg

Anchored on Loch Linnhe at Fort William

7335597754_a82d194baf_d.jpg

Tender boats from the ship to the Crannog

7335597244_50171f73f4_d.jpg

from the other side of Loch Linnhe, looking at Fort William with Ben Nevis in the background.

7335600110_7851a57726_d.jpg

Archived