Question for Jackanne

I've just seen on the local news that a couple were refused boarding a Princess ship at Southampton as they only had the boys' passports and a letter from their father to say they could go. Apparently they need a solicitor's letter :rolleyes:

I understand why Princess have these rules, but surely they realized when the booking was made that these were their grandchildren and not their children. Apparently Princess Cruises have offered a refund (I should think so too) and are meeting the couple this week to discuss compensation :eek: They told the couple that the information was on their website but not in their brochure :rolleyes:

So, Jackie, I know you took your grandson with you a few weeks ago and wonder what conditions Thomsons make about such things :confused:

I did have a letter of consent to take my grandson out of the country which also included permission to consent for any medical treatment he needed. Thanks to Julie for advising me of the need for one and what to write. :)

However, I was never once asked to see it. In fact at the airport I offered it to the check in girl (actually at bag drop) but she said she didn't need it as I was checked in by the TA so it should be fine. The TA didn't see it either!

Perhaps as we have the same surname on our passports it did not highlight that he was not my child, although if they had checked the dates of birth it might have!!

When Julie reminded me of the need to take a permission letter, I did remember reading about someone in America being refused embarkation when taking the friend of his son. :eek: