SF Post Cruise Larkspur Inn?

Strawberry

Is anyone out there familiar with the Larkspur Inn South San Francisco location? We have an early morning flight and are planning to stay there for one night after our cruise since it is near the airport and gets great reviews.

What is in the area near the hotel? Is it close to the water? What restaurants or shopping are within walking distance? Is it near any public transportation?

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with that hotel, but I do know South San Francisco a little bit, as my daughter's best friends live there. (I was just there yesterday, MOF.) I wasn't quite sure from your post that you realized that South San Francisco isn't a part of the city of San Francisco; it's a separate city and doesn't adjoin SF. But it's a pretty place in its own right and has a cute downtown. Most of the hotels seem to be between the freeway and the bay, I imagine that's where you'll be as well. Public transportation is SamTrans and BART.

Thank you for the info travelgrammy - Yes, I knew that it was really a separate town and not actually part of San Francisco. I saw on a very general map approximately where the hotel is located and does seem to be near the water. I just didn't want to have to travel too far to get to the airport for our early flight the next day and this seems like a convenient location. I am also looking for any ideas about what things we can do to spend the day in the So San Francisco area.

Archived