Exotic Eco Adventures

lovingCCL

I used them in November and had a great experience! Their guys met us when we got off the boat with a sign with our name on it. They took us on a boat to Goff's Caye where we snorkeled nearby before heading to the Caye for lunch. The guides were fantastic and really made the trip fun!

Couple of things to know:

We arrived at the time they specified but we ended up waiting another 45 minutes while they got more people signed up for the tour. This wasn't a huge deal as we just hung around the shops.

The water was clear and warm but there weren't a ton of different fish.

You need to be in good physical condition to get in and out of the boat.

There is chicken and lobster available for purchase at the caye. I think it was less than $10 but can't remember exactly. The caye is basically a tiny island. You can practically throw a baseball from one end to the other.

"Getting in and out of the boat". Are you referring to when you arrive on the island or is that for snorkeling?

Mostly when you get in and out of the boat when it is at the dock (either in Belize City or at the Caye). You have to climb down into the boat. There were several elderly and obese people that really struggled and had to have 3 crew members help them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from doing this excursion to Goffs Caye. We started a little later than expected. Our confirmation sheet stated 9-9:45 is when we would depart but didn't head to the boat until 10:15. Belize time is an hour behind the ship time too so we just sat around and waited for over 2 hours. But once we got going, it was wonderful. The island is a little slice of paradise to say the least. They have steps in and out of the boat so other than waves making the boat rock, I didn't see anyone having any trouble getting on or off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just returned from doing this excursion to Goffs Caye. We started a little later than expected. Our confirmation sheet stated 9-9:45 is when we would depart but didn't head to the boat until 10:15. Belize time is an hour behind the ship time too so we just sat around and waited for over 2 hours. But once we got going, it was wonderful. The island is a little slice of paradise to say the least. They have steps in and out of the boat so other than waves making the boat rock, I didn't see anyone having any trouble getting on or off.

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to going this week!

• 10 months later...
We will be doing this in a couple weeks so I'll report back on our experience as well. ;)

Can't wait to hear how it went. Thinking of booking this but a little afraid about making it back to ship in time. What are the times they said you'd leave and return back?