Price Line - how to avoid a Hostel?

Frznrth

Hi

I'm wondering if Price line or something similar might be able to save us a bit on hotel costs in San Juan for before and after a cruise. I'm a little concerned about what I might end up with though. As long as it is safe, clean and I don't have to share a bathroom we would be fine. Any tips on how to get a decent hotel at a decent price? Would be likely wanting to stay in the airport area before leaving and then in OSJ for the night we get back in.

Thanks much

When you put your bids in... don't go below a 2 1/2 star rating then you will only bid for that rating and above. We have always had good luck... getting places like Caribe Hilton for $85 and $90 a night and last time we were there (the week of Christmas on... 1 day prior and 2 days after Christmas day) it was $124 a night. We have also gotten Radisson Ambassador $80.... there are lots of hotels that are nice. I have never heard of anyone getting a Hostel. Try looking at better bidding dot com they have lots of info.

Thanks. I checked out Priceline and Hotwire. I liked Hotwire better as the area bubbles were smaller and I could specify the number of people - I'm going with my kids. It seems like for OSJ at least the number of choices Hotwire has is so small that I can figure out which hotel I would be getting by looking at the number of stars and comparing the blind buy to their regular booking service. Least I hope. No - no hostels came up!!