Just Off The Radiance Today

Kors

Hi There,

Quick post, as I have not collected my thoughts for a review yet. We are at the Fairmont Waterfront in Vancouver, having just gotten off the Radiance. Awesome cruise!!! Ship was beautiful!! If you have any questions, I will be on most of the night...

I went on White Pass Railway, Mendenhall Float Trip (awesome), and Backcountry Jet Boat Adventure...

Thanks!

Do people on ship usually chat with each other or keep to themselves? If a person wants to play shuffleboard, will there be others around willing to play? If one should go to the game room, can he/she join other groups?

I'm taking my dad with me on this trip and I think he'd like to talk to other people of his own age group once in awhile. I just want to make sure he has a good time, especially if I don't happen to be with him at the moment.

~Jano

Hi Kors,

I'll be on the Radiance in less than 2 weeks. Very excited. I've booked my excursions in Juneau and Skagway and I'm still open for Ketchikan. I'm very interested in hearing anybody's recommendation for an excursion. I'm particularly interested in anyone has heard anything about the following:

Diving

Snorkeling

Rainforest Ropes and Zip Lines

Misty Fjords is out this trip. Already spent way too many $$$$ on excursions.

Would like to keep it at $150 per person.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations that come my way.:)

Kors - How did you lkike the Fairmont Waterfront and how were the accomadations. We are staying there this coming Friday 7/22 and Sat for pre cruise and after the cruise too! I understand that the Bell Captains will walk your bags across to the Canada Place.

Any good restaurants, shopping and attractions near the hotel? Would love any info :)

Hi,

Sorry...we just got back to Chicago....the Fairmont is awesome...the Bell Captians are great and will walk your bags across the street. They even have some bikes available for free to ride around downtown. I will try and have a review done tomorrow or tuesday....

Thanks for the input on the Fairmont. We will be arriving 7/21/05 for a 3 day stay prior to boarding the Serenade of the Seas. White Pass Rail is one of the excusions. Looking forward to that and your review

lisasharyn,

There are no irons on board for safety reasons. The laundry does have pressing available for cheap...less than $3. The hair dryers are nice and worked well. I will try and have my review done today.

Archived