Embarkation Wedding Port Everglades Information Needed

Hi Ladies!

So I have a few questions I'm wondering if any of you can answer for me. I've looked on the threads here and some of the info is dated, so any new advice would be MUCH appreciated.

1.) Any suggestions for hair/make up people? I've emailed around for quotes, but would appreciate a recommendation before committing. I didn't like the info sent by TWE as it was not specific enough regarding type of services.

2.) What are you guys doing about menswear? I am just confused because 3 of the guys (including groom) are sailing, the rest are not. I haven't even checked prices on tux rental but I imagine we will pay more to have the tux for the duration of the cruise. And finance can't take it off and hand it to a non sailing guest since they do photos after the muster drill. Has anyone thought of just saying wear a black suit and having men buy vest/tie in the right color but suits not matching?

3.) We are doing a dinner at the hotel the night prior to sailing and all of that is booked. We went with a moderately priced hotel and guests can stay there as we have a block of rooms reserved, or they can stay elsewhere. Should I offer a shuttle roundtrip to port for non sailing guests? Sailing guests will pay $10pp for a shuttle but we get free parking for the cruise.

I'm sure after I finish typing I will think of 10 more questions...LOL! But I will end here now. Thanks in advance for any information :)

I can't help for anything but the tuxes. We had our wedding party do weekly rentals and added a day (picked up Saturday, cruise left and returned on Sunday). We used Mens' Wearhouse, and it wasn't a problem. Just explain that you are getting married on a cruise, and they will figure it out for you. The guys will get measured at their local store, and you can pick them up at the store closest to the port. Very convenient, and the guys will have the tuxes all week for formal nights.

You can also rent the tuxes through the cruise line.

If you don't want to do that, suits will work fine. They'll even match if you tell the guys where to buy them and what kind to buy.

Good luck! :)

Edited by VASOXFANN

I can't help for anything but the tuxes. We had our wedding party do weekly rentals and added a day (picked up Saturday, cruise left and returned on Sunday). We used Mens' Wearhouse, and it wasn't a problem. Just explain that you are getting married on a cruise, and they will figure it out for you. The guys will get measured at their local store, and you can pick them up at the store closest to the port. Very convenient, and the guys will have the tuxes all week for formal nights.

You can also rent the tuxes through the cruise line.

If you don't want to do that, suits will work fine. They'll even match if you tell the guys where to buy them and what kind to buy.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the advice on the tux rentals. I couldn't even find info online about extended rentals. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the advice on the tux rentals. I couldn't even find info online about extended rentals. Thanks for sharing.

I couldn't either :( Fortunately, the tux lady at our local Mens' Wearhouse was VERY helpful! We didn't have any issues with fit, and the tuxes looked great.

Also, when we rented, they had a special that if 4 tuxes were rented, the groom either received his tux free or a free suit. I don't know if they are still doing this, but it may be worth checking out. We couldn't use this because we only had 3 rentals (DH and his son wore their uniforms).

I know that Jos. A Bank also does rentals, but since we got all we needed from MW, we never checked them out.

I'm using chic make up by Aimee (2/22/15). I'm having a trail run 11/21. I've read some really good reviews on here about her. I follow her on IG and everything I've seen is beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm using chic make up by Aimee (2/22/15). I'm having a trail run 11/21. I've read some really good reviews on here about her. I follow her on IG and everything I've seen is beautiful.

hbicfrd- THANKYOU for that response! Could you send me pics after your trial? I have booked Aimee as well and due to living in Atlanta I will not have a trial with her. I have seen reviews on other sites about her and her prices seemed reasonable so I went ahead and booked.

• 4 weeks later...
hbicfrd- THANKYOU for that response! Could you send me pics after your trial? I have booked Aimee as well and due to living in Atlanta I will not have a trial with her. I have seen reviews on other sites about her and her prices seemed reasonable so I went ahead and booked.

What is your email address? I'll send you the pictures from Aimee's work today.