Transportation to/from Berlin

luv2ski2

We arrive in Lubeck aboard the Azamara Quest on Sunday 2 August 2015 and want to go to Berlin, spend the night (at our own expense) and rejoin the ship the next night in Wismar. We are experienced travelers and prefer to do this on our own as I spent time in Berlin as a child and have some specific places I want to visit. We might consider joining a SMALL tour once we are in Berlin and may recruit one or more other couples to join us on our Roll Call. Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to get to/from Berlin? We would consider renting a car but would need a Sunday pick-up in Lubeck (actually Kreuzfahrt Terminal in Ostpreubenkai) and after hours return the next night (the ship doesn't sail until midnight) in Wismar.

You could probably get the train but I looked at prices on the day and it was quite expensive. Maybe buying tickets earlier would be cheaper.

Have you considered emailing some companies about day trips to Berlin? Eg SPB.tours? They are reasonably priced. If they are not fully booked you au be able to negotiate the tour the first day but come back on the bus the second day. Assuming they run tours from both ports. Even if you could do the first day then get the train back?

Good luck.