Warning....Roatan Tours

shakespeare

While planning our trip I contacted a few tour guides and decided to go with Bodden tours. When we got off the ship in Roatan we proceeded to the meeting place as directed by Victor. There was a woman holding a sign with my name and we started walking with her towards her van. A gentleman came up to check with her since he also had my name....it was Victor. Apparently the other tour guide was unscrupulous enough to try to divert clients from Victor. I wish I had saved the email as I do not remember the other company I contacted for a quote. I had just inquired about their rates and never asked for a reservation.

Victor gave us a great tour and we all had a very good time. He is very flexible and will take you wherever you want to go and he'll be sure to get you back to the ship on time.

I would just suggest you question anyone meeting you with a sign with your name on it to ascertain that the tour is with the company that you made a confirmed booking.

Since two in our group were ziplining and two being dropped off for horseback riding, I think it would have been a bit of a problem if we went with the guide that was trying to get our business in a dishonest way. Victor told us this wasn't the first time that this has happened which is why he double checks if he sees another operator holding up the name of someone who booked with him.

Liz

Could you tell me about the horseback riding. I have 2 people that will be with me who would like to do it. I did not realize that the offered it at Roatan. Was it on the beach or on a trail? Do you know the cost? We have a tour booked with Victor Bodden, so maybe this would be an option for them. Thanks.

We are the couple that did the horseback riding with Shakespeare's group. The website is www.barriodorcasranch.com. We were picked up with the rest of the group by Victor and dropped off for the ride, then picked up to rejoin the rest of the group. I think the cost for Victor depends on the number of people and the horseback riding was an additional $35pp, well worth it. We rode through a little town, then a wooded area with streams, and then along the beach. Shurkie and Victor were both great guides.

Archived