New England/Canada - question re 7 vs 11 days

whiskers9

We have an 11 day cruise on hold for September 2012. Now debating on a 7 day in mid October instead. That would give us time to extend the pre and post cruise days to explore those cities. The obvious downside is probably the weather. But my question is regarding the length of time on the ship. Anyone who has taken a 7 day - did you feel like you saw enough? We would be seeing Boston, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Quebec and Montreal overnight, with two sea days. We would be missing St. John, Newport RI and New York overnight (we have been to NY). Thanks in advance!

We have an 11 day cruise on hold for September 2012. Now debating on a 7 day in mid October instead. That would give us time to extend the pre and post cruise days to explore those cities. The obvious downside is probably the weather. But my question is regarding the length of time on the ship. Anyone who has taken a 7 day - did you feel like you saw enough? We would be seeing Boston, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Quebec and Montreal overnight, with two sea days. We would be missing St. John, Newport RI and New York overnight (we have been to NY). Thanks in advance!

After re-reading this - I'm happy to get suggestions from someone who hasn't taken just a 7 day cruise!!!

• 2 weeks later...

whiskers9- We just got back from a 9 night which included Bar Harbor, Halifax, and Boston and I wish we had an extra day at each of those stops! Newport was quite nice but St. John is missable IMO. I also believe weather would be much better in September. Good luck with your choice. DMaugle

How much time do you have in Quebec? Old city is fascinating, very doable in a day although you would not have time to visit lovely surrounding areas.. I'd pick this over NY overnight, Newport etc. (been to them all) but that's just "me"... if you have never been to Quebec City, old walled city and Lower Town is like a piece of old Paris dropped in the middle of Canada

Love quebec city. --- do 11 day cruise -- oct is fine very nice time to cruise there -- been on that very cruise in early nov and it was fine - a little chilly on sea days but very nice in ports

G@ry

Archived