Oceania cabin choice

Bound4carolina

Hoping for some help. We are booked on the Oceania Riveria in 2015 in cabin 11043. I understand there may be an "obstructed" view from the balcony above. Can anyone confirm this? and secondly, would it be better to move down a floor? Thank you so much, A cruise Newbie

Your view is not really obstructed unless you are trying to look up. The next deck does overhang a bit further, and so your verandah has something of an "awning." You can still see stars are night, etc., but it could cut down on the direct sunlight as you approach or get past local apparent noon. I found that it made little overall difference.

You are indeed under the pool deck, and while there can be some noise on some lines if you are right below the pool deck, I have not heard that complaint on Oceania. Still I would post that part of your question on the Oceania boards to see what specific response you get.

You are in an A-1 cabin, and those are also on Deck 10 which would avoid having the pool right above you. I personally do check that sort of thing when I make my reservations and I invariably tell my TA what specific cabin numbers I want. In this case, I would have avoided this cabin because of the pool above it, but honestly I would check on the Oceania boards first. Some ships are built to keep that noise out, some are not.