Tech in kids clubs on Magic

LaserSB3Family

Could any experienced Magic cruisers describe the technology in the kids's clubs on the Magic? We will sail on her next summer and part of the reason we chose this trip is because I have heard that the Magic has more physical play structures than the Fantasy. My 3 year old would get bored fast with computer stuff and my 9 year old would be entranced by them. Not exactly how I want them spending their vacation! A little bit is fine but if it is overdone then I will limit their kids' club time more assertively. Thanks!

3 yr old play area (once potty trained)

andys-room-ss1_904px_904px.jpg?t=1378474918367

and a 3 year old is not likely to want to or be able to participate in making cookies, your 9 year old may?

lthough subject to change, activities at Disney's Oceaneer Lab may include:

Pirates of the Caribbean – Tides of Fortune

Ahoy, kids: Emb-arr-k on your very own pirate adventure—with some help from your loyal crew mates—in this multiplayer video game developed exclusively for Disney Cruise Line that immerses you in a hunt for lost treasure.

Anyone Can Cook-Cookies

Based on the Disney•Pixar movie Ratatouille, this hands-on activity invites kids to discover the art of cooking cookies. Donning aprons and decorative chef hats, children learn how to mix ingredients and bake under the direction of a chef, before indulging in their very own mouthwatering creations.

Super Sloppy Science with Professor Make-O-Mess

Professor Make-O-Mess is a world-famous scientist who is known for performing the sloppiest science experiments around. Now kids can partake in some educational fun as the professor offers some hands-on training that will surely having them laughing and learning.

ex techie

Well first, there are 4 different age appropriate areas. The Oceaneer's Club does have a few computers, but also has a dress up area, Marvel Academy training center, cool slide, and other amazing themed play areas. Kids can do the scheduled activities (Do-si-do with Snow White.....baking cookies...tons of choices) or can do free play in any area they choose. The Oceaneer's Lab is more geared to the 7-12 set although younger kids can be there if they/parents choose. There are more computers, music listening areas, craft areas, science areas...and just fun spaces. NOT really appropriate for a 3 year old, but makes a response to those parents who feel that their 3 and 11 year old must be together.

There is the Edge for 11-14s and the Vive for 14-17s. All fun, all age appropriate.