VISA OPTIONS: FIFA Conf cup soccer Sports Visa (vs) Regular Visa (vs)Cruise excursion

We are cruising SS with a three day stop in StPetersburg during the FIFO Confederations Cup. We are trying to decide which mode(s) of entry to Russia are most cost effective to use. We have several official cruise excursions, excludingthe need for us to have a Visa, but we also want to explore the town on our own. If we do in fact need a Russian Visa, I see3 options: 1. Pay (est) $200 USD / PER Visa

2. Stay with cruise ship excursion or pay a local registeredtravel agent

3. Purchase tickets to the FIFA Soccer cup ($70/ per), Get FanID pass

Can we purchase (2) FIFA soccer tickets, registerfor the FanID, and use that to come & go as we please (within the allowableFIFA sports pass dates)? We're not huge soccer fans, but "we can be" if it gets us in for $140

Confed Cup is almost over - semis are this Wed and Thursday, and the final is on Sun a week from now. I don't think you will be able to get your FanID in time - the process is pretty involved, afaik. If you are in SPb this week, I'm pretty sure it is high time you arrange something with the local travel co; visa is obviously out of the question.

Unless, of course, it is FIFA World Cup (next summer) that you have in mind.

Confed Cup is almost over - semis are this Wed and Thursday, and the final is on Sun a week from now. I don't think you will be able to get your FanID in time - the process is pretty involved, afaik. If you are in SPb this week, I'm pretty sure it is high time you arrange something with the local travel co; visa is obviously out of the question.

Unless, of course, it is FIFA World Cup (next summer) that you have in mind.

The FIFA FanID site says that you are allowed to travel there '10 days before and 10 days following the games ending'. We will be there July 9,10,11th, which would still technically be inside that open timeline.

You have brought up a great point about FanID process time. Guess I thought (hoped) I could buy the tickets, enter all of our information on the FanID form and receive it. Not sure how long it takes to get them in hand? We leave in 10 days :)

Not sure how long it takes to get them in hand? We leave in 10 days :)

Not enough time for processing and mailing of the Fan ID, so unfortunately it's not an option for this short term. The fan ID website recommends a delivery time of up to 30 days for foreign (non-Russian) addresses.