Viator Tours - Dublin

mycruz

We have used Viators a number of times throughout the world but not in Dublin. Viators is a tour consolidator. Viators itself does not itself conduct the tours but sells local operators tours. We have always been well satisfied. They seem to screen their operators and itineraries well.

Good to hear that they seem to be a good channel to book through. We are trying to decide whether to book the tour or rent a car and go on our own. It seems for a little more money we can leave all of the transportation and driving up to them, the downside is you have to go with a group.

In Dublin I did the Newsgrange tour through them. In Amsterdam I did the windmill tour.

The Dublin tour was amazing and then some. The bus was small and the guide was great. It was contracted through Greyline. I would do this again in a heart beat.

The Amsterdam tour was a WHOLE other story. The bus was a huge double decker greyhound type bus and it was full. The driver was rude and not friendly at all. It was rushed and not enjoyable. The final blow for me was when she spent the last 20 minutes of the ride explaining how like in America a tip was expected for both her and the driver. I would like to go back to the places we went. But I would rent a car and spend more time.

A little side note about Dublin and it's traffic. It's AWFUL! Until you see it, you can't understand it. Another option to think about depending on where you want to go, is the train. There is a small train that runs north and south out of Dublin. Both directions have interesting things to see and do.

Archived