Eden - Margaret River (Shore Tours)

anitas001

Does anyone have any reviews about these shore tours? If you are on foot at Bussleton, is there beach/snorkelling/etc access?

I really wanted to look at Margaret River doing a mountain bike day trip, but I'm not sure what the best method of getting transport to/from the ship will be? If they put coaches on to just get you from Bussleton to Margaret River for a nominal fee, etc?

If biking through nature is out of the picture, snorkelling, etc would be great.

Any feedback on shore activities in that region (even if it is wine/food tours) would be muchly appreciated :)

This link will show you some of the tours available.

https://www.pocruises.com.au/experiences/search#?c=&p=BQB&t=f7511705-430c-48ef-9204-acfcef7e66cf&t=e1a48138-cbe5-4e0e-915a-3a3e05ec5d6c&t=a93707df-4f34-4fcf-8328-09de201c253d&t=ece43f80-4b14-4b4c-a271-81828c1ceac8&t=e9fe97ef-af9f-4895-af2b-6b622c72ec17&sort=pra&page=1

The ship moors in Geographe Bay and tenders bring you to the Busselton Jetty. It's then 50 km to Margaret River and I don't think there's a coach just taking people there and back from the jetty, although there are organised tours.

You can go snorkelling from the jetty; there are brilliant corals on the pylons which have become an artificial reef. There is also an underwater observatory. The water's a bit cold atm. You can go swimming from the beach or the jetty.

The Visitor Centre just onshore from the Busselton Jetty will be open and they may be able to give you further information there re bike riding etc.

If you're interested in local history, the old Butter Factory Museum is worth seeing and is a short walk from the jetty.

Hope you enjoy your visit to Busselton!

Edited by ariomD

This link will show you some of the tours available.

https://www.pocruises.com.au/experiences/search#?c=&p=BQB&t=f7511705-430c-48ef-9204-acfcef7e66cf&t=e1a48138-cbe5-4e0e-915a-3a3e05ec5d6c&t=a93707df-4f34-4fcf-8328-09de201c253d&t=ece43f80-4b14-4b4c-a271-81828c1ceac8&t=e9fe97ef-af9f-4895-af2b-6b622c72ec17&sort=pra&page=1

The ship moors in Geographe Bay and tenders bring you to the Busselton Jetty. It's then 50 km to Margaret River and I don't think there's a coach just taking people there and back from the jetty, although there are organised tours.

You can go snorkelling from the jetty; there are brilliant corals on the pylons which have become an artificial reef. There is also an underwater observatory. The water's a bit cold atm. You can go swimming from the beach or the jetty.

The Visitor Centre just onshore from the Busselton Jetty will be open and they may be able to give you further information there re bike riding etc.

If you're interested in local history, the old Butter Factory Museum is worth seeing and is a short walk from the jetty.

Hope you enjoy your visit to Busselton!

Thanks for your reply AriomD! :)

I did have a look at those shore tours and can't say I was super excited about any of them. The last cruise I did with Princess I booked all the shore tours through the ship, and I would only rave about 2 of them. But it was my first cruise, first time in Asia and having travelled a lot more now would have done things very differently!

I've been looking at http://www.margaretriver.com and think hiring a car for the day might be easier, cheaper and a way to see everything that interests us.

I did think it might be a bit cold for the water, and it looks like the bike riding we would do will be a logistical effort to make happen, which isn't worth it for such a short trip - we can do that another time.

It is handy to know how the boat docked - I didn't realise they would be using tenders.

Thanks so much for your information :) Still trying to work out if we can get time off work to squeeze this in as a sneaky getaway!