One way cruise with Alaska Airline companion pass?

tinybiny

I just got the Alaska air card for the companion ticket and free checked bags. I had already paid for my next Alaska airline trip with another card. I doubt they would let me rebook with the companion pass.

The next time I'd use it would be for a north bound Alaska cruise. Since the beginning and end ports are different, I assume I'd need to price out using the companion pass for just one way instead of round trip. It's way too far out to look at that now, but I wanted to check if anyone else has done that. The companion pass is for a round trip ticket. I would need to use for a one way ticket.

You can use the companion pass for a one-way fare. You can not use it for multi-city tickets....such as flying into Anchorage and then out of Vancouver at the end of the cruise. We use the companion fare to fly into Anchorage, as that is the more expensive segment and then use miles to fly home from Vancouver.

Doing a quick search on Expedia for a random day in the summer, there are fares of $175 for flying Anchorage to Vancouver, so one option price out is using your pass for a round trip to Vancouver and paying for the flight from Anchorage to Vancouver (or vice versa).

You certainly can use the companion fare for multi-city flights. We've done it numerous times and back in January, booked our flights for our Haines trip this August. We'll be flying from Phila. to Seattle, overnighting there, then flying the next morning to Juneau and then the same itinerary in reverse for our flights home. No problem at all. Saves us a ton of $$$ every time.