Check-in question: Families spread across cabins

Sani

My wife's family and I are cruising on the Getaway tomorrow. Her family is flying in, and we're driving over from Fort Myers. Our two children are not staying in our cabin -- one will be in a cabin with her mom and the other will be with her grandmother.

I'm concerned that we need to somehow coordinate arriving at the terminal at the same time. Are you required to check in with the entire group that will be in a cabin? In other words, if my wife's family that's flying in gets there before us, will they be able to check in if we aren't there, since our kids are staying in their cabins? Or conversely, if we show up first, can we check in without her family?

My wife's family and I are cruising on the Getaway tomorrow. Her family is flying in, and we're driving over from Fort Myers. Our two children are not staying in our cabin -- one will be in a cabin with her mom and the other will be with her grandmother.

I'm concerned that we need to somehow coordinate arriving at the terminal at the same time. Are you required to check in with the entire group that will be in a cabin? In other words, if my wife's family that's flying in gets there before us, will they be able to check in if we aren't there, since our kids are staying in their cabins? Or conversely, if we show up first, can we check in without her family?

From what I understand, each of your kids and her mom and grandmother needs to have a copy of the edocs, both to get into the terminal and to check in. Both people in a single cabin don't need to be there at the same time, but both need their own copy of the edocs.

Of course, not exactly sure if that will totally work if the children are minors. Perhaps they will not check them in without the adult in the cabin, but, at least you can be in the terminal to wait for the rest of your party if the worse happens. There is also the issue of the credit card you will use for each of the cabins. If her mom and grandmother check in first it should be fine.

Edited by drvalo