Diving and Beach Day

endi302

My Husband would like to dive in Roatan but is worried I won't have anything to do. Is there any dive operators that are good that also offer like a beach day for me? We will be on a cruise so he is also worried about getting back to the ship on time. Thanks for your replies!

Diane

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the same boat. I dive, but my girlfriend does not.

I am looking at the dive shops and inquiring about her going as a "rider" on the dive boat. Most dive operators here in the states usually charge riders 50% of what a diver pays.

She would be able to snorkel around the boat if she wanted.

I hope this helps with your decision.

• 2 weeks later...

One place to try is getting in touch with the folks at Bananarama. E-mail is VacationPlanner@RoatanEcoResort.com. It's on West Bay Beach, which is the most beautiful beach on the island (my humble opinion). I stayed at Bananarama earlier this year and just returned there last week on a cruise ship stop to do a 2 tank dive. Great staff all the way around and they'll even arrange for the resort van to meet you at the port.

There's the bar/grill for the non divers, snorkel gear for snorkeling right off the beach, and beach chairs to rent.

Agree with Bananarama. I dove with them for a week in Feb 2007 and have booked a day with them in two weeks (11/17) when the NCL Jewel is in port. My wife doesn't dive, but the beach there is wonderfull with snorkeling right off the beach.

Does one need to be certified to go scuba diving ? We were considering it when in Roatan in Dec but never been diving.

Yes you do. However, there is the "discover scuba" excursion that would get you i the water without having to be certified.

Archived