Anyone on Celebrity/Century December 20th?

Saturn5000

Not sure... we are taking it easy this cruise, our Sept trip was our big adventure... this one is alot of relaxing on the balcony, eating sushi, and getting massages! It will be nice to have some family on board.

Sure! We're planning on sleeping through most of Key West and renting a Jeep in Cozumel. There is this great offroad trail and an awesome beachfront restuarant we go to every time we are down there! This is your first Celebrity cruise right? Ours too, but we are avid Royal Caribbean fans... Tampa here, not too far off! We are staying at the Westin Diplomat the night before. Depending on what time I can get out of work Friday we might make it there by happy hour!

It's me, my dad, and my grandmother (don't laugh!). We're all pretty independent, so we'll probably do our own thing during the day and then meet up for lunch and dinner.

Are you guys on your own, or traveling with some other friends?

On our own. We invited some others but they couldn't make it. More booze for us! I hear they allow you to bring wine/champage onboard, so we will have a few bottles, plus one in the cabin when we board. Is this your first cruise?

It's hard to say. I was on Princess before Carnival bought them out... it was great just because it was my first cruise, but not for any particular reason.

Royal Caribbean had the best ship (I was on the Mariner of the Seas). It was so much fun to explore. The food in the main dining room was great, but the room service menu kind of sucked.

Disney was Disney. The ship was small, but the shows were really good and the rotational dining schedule (you eat in a different dining room each night, even though you're served by the same serving staff) made each night unique. Plus, the service was really friendly and personal.

If I had to pick a favorite, it'd probably be Royal Caribbean just because the ship was so massive and had so many different things to do.

I'm really looking forward to Celebrity though. I've heard great things about the service and the food.

How bout you? Do you have a favorite cruise line?

Im a hard core Royal Caribbean fan! But if given the choice I'd never turn down a cruise. Hoping Celebrity exceeds our expectations! I prefer the smaller ships, so it will be a nice change from one like the Mariner (never been on Mariner, but on similar - Explorer, Navigator, and Adventure). You get to know people more on the smaller ships. :D Ug, this wait is killer... Ready to go NOW!!!!

No, I'm in Tampa and he is in St Pete, but we're only about 15 mins apart. Both of our familes live far far away, which we like! Been in FL for over 10 years. Perfect state for a cruise fanatic! Too bad more ships don't leave from Tampa, only sailed from here twice, and both times going under the skyway was surreal.

Archived