Celebrity Solstice Cruise 3rd February 2014 Aucklant to Perth

Herom44

Did you travel on this cruise  

1. 1. Did you travel on this cruise

• How did you rate the Cruise
    • What was your highlite of the cruise

Voyage in Review DVD .... Memories of the Cruise Produced by My Cruise Photos:confused:

I purchased the DVD on this cruise and was very disappointing with it. I was not expecting a Hollywood Production, but at least have some snippets of the major activities, they were all missing eg.. Pool Volley Ball, Dancing with the Stripes, Table Tennis and many others.....

I Lodged a Complaint the 25.02.2014, and the reply came back from the MY CRUISE SUPPORT TEAM as follows:

Hello Frank,

I received this back from the ship Videographer.

I know we don't have those footages on the DVD, because we had 18 day cruise, the DVD is already an hour long and we just couldn't fit more. Unfortunately the Dancing with the stripes was just before the last day of the cruise at night time so we couldn't process it, the Videographer didn't film it because of that.

Perhaps the confusion comes from what the guests see on their TV by the broadcast. They film everything and put it on TV, but it's not the same as our DVD. If we have long cruises as this was we're not able to put every single activity on it beside all the ports of calls (with the Sounds in New Zealand, what takes a lot of space for popularity). Whatever we filmed last cruise is part of the DVD, we don't have more footages.

Best regards,

Lilla

AMS

MY REPLY TO the SUPPORT TEAM (Below) 27.02.2014

To My Cruise Photo Support Team & Celebrity Cruises

That is not quite true and I hate people lying, I was there with at the activities and the Videographer was filming these activities including the Dancing with the Stripes. (Ample time to edit.... etc etc.)

You publicize Memories of the cruise and you cannot even fit it in to one hour DVD a load of crap.

You need to watch the DVD then you will see the results that were produced, some of the activities could have been shorter, then that would have made space for the other activities.

Maybe you need to find Professionals that can do the job right.

I have actually done a 16 night cruise with another Cruise line just over 12 months ago and the results were absolutely great, a DVD worth the money and that included the night before the last night.. The Videographers were everywhere filming just about every activity that happened including at shore.

Has a Videographer and Editor myself for the last 25 years, this will have to be the most Pathetic reply I have ever come across.

It's an absolute disgrace on your company's behalf and of course Celebrity Cruises should look at what is produced by these so called professionals.

A very disappointing Reply from My Cruise Photo Support Team

You certainly have not heard the end of this.

Frank M :confused:

I am still waiting for a response :mad:

• 4 weeks later...

To day is the 26 March and there is still no reply from the Company My Cruise Video who are the film company on this ship

I recommend all cruisers on The Celebrity Solstice to Ask what they are going to get on the DVD Video before they buy it

AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED IT WAS DISAPPOINTING MEMORIES AND IT'S NOT WHAT THEY PROMISE.......DON'T BUY THE DVD

AS for the Solstice Crew well done for their efforts

Frank