Splash Academy on the Getaway

melbthatsme

We are travelling with two kids who will be 12 and 10 when the ship sails in April. Are they going to be bored with Splash Academy? I would like to have a couple of hours on the ship when my husband and I could just have some time to ourselves, but I already feel like my 12 year old will put his foot down hard if it's totally cheesy and designed for younger ages?

We sailed last week. My kids are 9 and 12. They wanted to go everyday. They had more fun when their 'friends' were there. On nights that their friends weren't there, they had less fun. Do they get along with each other pretty well? They will be in the same age group 10-12 so that may help. I would say it does tend a little cheesy, but they had fun. Try to get him to go the first night and maybe he'll make a connection to some other kids his age.

My oldest was 10 when we sailed on the Getaway and I thought she might have aged out her interest level with NCL having been on three other ships within three years and they tend to repeat programming in Splash Academy. She loved it. I did not, however, allow her to sign herself in and out as I felt the ship was too big and too many corners for her to get lost in. I did let her stay one night late and paid the $6 or $10 per hour for her to do so. She liked the treat since we picked up her little brother and sister at 10pm. I think you'll certainly get a few hours to yourself. Don't forget closed toe shoes for the ropes course and for the day in Splash Academy that they do a sports day and go to the basketball area for many hours. I don't think they can attend that day unless they have closed toed shoes because they do not have enough staff to stay in splash academy with those who don't.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by SuperMommy