Belize Beach Excursions

PegLuvsCrusin

Hello All!! We are going to Belize on our 7 day Cruise on the Magic in March. I was wondering if there was a beach type all inclusive there that anyone here could recommend? I was looking for something similar to Mr.Sanchos or Nachi Cocum in Cozumel. Right around that price point too if possible. Thanks in advance for any replies!!

We were just in Belize on the Magic and the side that they dock on does not have beaches or anything else for that matter, They have these cayes that you can take a water taxi to but there is no beach.The best thing to do is get off as soon as the ship ports, take the tender to the dock and get the first water taxi to the other side San Pedro where the beaches are Look online and see if there is a hotel where you can get a day pass.I do not think they have beach clubs like cozamel.I wish we had done thst We went to caye caulker and the best thing about that place were the plantain chips.No beach just some gravelly looking sand.People who sunbathe lay out on these wooden docks that go out into the water.Roaton had a sand beach where you dock but these are not the places for beaches..

:)We were just in Belize on the Magic and the side that they dock on does not have beaches or anything else for that matter, They have these cayes that you can take a water taxi to but there is no beach.The best thing to do is get off as soon as the ship ports, take the tender to the dock and get the first water taxi to the other side San Pedro where the beaches are Look online and see if there is a hotel where you can get a day pass.I do not think they have beach clubs like cozamel.I wish we had done thst We went to caye caulker and the best thing about that place were the plantain chips.No beach just some gravelly looking sand.People who sunbathe lay out on these wooden docks that go out into the water.Roaton had a sand beach where you dock but these are not the places for beaches..

My son just returned yesterday from a cruise on Magic to Belize and we have been there twice before. Not really any All Inclusives in Belize like Nachi, etc. He asked some locals and they told him to go to "Old Belize." Took a taxi there ($15 pp) and found the place. $10 pp to enter. He said that it was fairly nice...small beach, has a restaurant and bar...big water slide, small zipline and a swing out over the water. Little pricey for not being AI, but he said they had a good time...stayed about 3 hours. I googled "Old Belize" and found several good reviews and lots of photos. You might check it out.

There are some excursions to various islands and cayes that abound around the barrier reef. Most of them do not have "beaches" so to speak. The currents and storms tend to erode the beaches quickly here. But some of them have nice facilities for just lounging in the sun, kayaking, snorkeling, etc. Many provide lunch and have cash bars available.

Remember...Belize is a Tender Port, you do not dock. The ship will anchor about 7 miles out, so the tender ride can be long. The lines at the Tourism Village for tenders starts to get long as you get closer to time to depart, so take all that into consideration with whatever you do there. Have fun!

Edited by OKC Cruisers

• 7 months later...