NCL Spirit vs Crown Princess in the Med

bosco85

Hello,

I currently have a 11 night booked on the Crown Princess for next May. It would go from Barcelona to Marseille, Florence, Olympia, Mykonos, Santorini, Kotor, and end in Rome.

I just also found a NCL cruise aboard the Spirit about the same time. This ship goes roundtrip from Rome to Dubrovnik, an overnight in Venice, Koper, Split, Corfu, Olympia, and Valletta.

The Spirit is a bit smaller and I've never been on NCL so I'm a bit hesitant, but the price is lower as well. We usually sail Royal now, but have done Princess as well. I've also never been to Europe. The first itinerary on the Crown seemed ideal for us to see many different places, but an overnight in Venice seems awfully appealing as well.

If anyone has any insights here to help this decision, it would be much appreciated.

For me, my favourite ports/cities are Rome, Valletta and Dubrovnik so I would choose the NCL Spirit. The sail away from Venice is pretty spectacular also so do it before they ban cruise ships using that route. The only way I would choose the Princess Crown is if I could arrive 3-4 days early to Barcelona and stay a few days afterwards in Rome. This is just my personal preference. These cruises are port intensive so the ship choice is not as important.

That's a good point about sailing to Venice, I've heard that its questionable how much longer they'll allow ships in. Thanks for your input. Any qualms from you about missing Barcelona or some of the other Italian cities?

Barcelona is a wonderful city but for me Dubrovnik, Valletta, and Venice would trump it. The cost of flying round trip from Rome vs multi city should also be cheaper. .:)

Edited by lamchops