P&O UK LGBT Get together

jaydonny

Hi i have recently returned from off the p&o Azura ship did a 14 night repositioning southampton to the Caribbean it was a very enjoyable cruise.

For any one considering a cruise on a p&o with Fod / Lgbt in mind from my experience there was a surprisingly a large crowd onboard with a big presence in the form of the entertainment staff too.

However on the whole 14 night cruise a lgbt get together was only laid on once 3 days into the cruise and that was in a back room under the theatre seating where they play cards and dominos, no windows or bar.... lol

They have only 18 single cabins onboard this ship and the solo passengers had over 21 get togethers (good for them) so in comparison i think they could do better, i have already alerted them to this in the usual end of cruise form that we are asked to fill in and also on P&O's Facebook.

If you are considering a P&O UK cruise then don't let this put you off, i would suggest once onboard asking the cruise director about and if there is a " lgbt get together " and the more enquiries they get then more things will change.

even though i even missed the one and only get together (in the daily listings) and a solo my self the staff and passengers was very friendly and had no problems at all

jay.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Jay,

We are off on another P&O cruise in April so will post on the forum re any organised meetings etc. I hope they act on your comments as we noticed the same scenario when on Arcadia back in 2008.

It's strange why P&O always have the LGBT get togethers in somewhere dark and out of the way, what are they trying to say? lol. No doubt we will find plenty of "family" on board and have a great cruise.

Have a great Christmas,

William & Dave

• 5 weeks later...

Arcadia J401 (Singapore to Dubai segment of 2014 world cruise)

We are two guys from Jersey, who are new boys to cruising! Are there any members of "Family" out there who will be on Arcadia at that time (or do you know anyone who may be on board), with whom we could meet up?

Regards

Iain

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...